No Interst

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

No Interst

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:45 pm

I have had no real interest in the Premier Division this year, but I must say after being home two days when West Brom played Chelsea and then Southampton, I think no matter what you think of the manager or the team, they were two of the most entertaining games I have seen for a long time. Against Southampton it looked like WBA had 11 men on the pitch, and Southampton had about 6 , they ripped them to pieces.
I don't really want Steve Bruce's Newcastle get relegated, but as I think he is going to get fired whether they stay up or go down ,and looking at the remaining games,I think I would like to see WBA stay up,I know there about 8 points behind but playing like they did Monday I think they could do it,wish the Gills played footie like that.
gillsfan1066

Re: No Interst

Postby bunburygills » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:07 am

Got to completely agree with you. From being no hopers until just recently they are now playing beautiful and exciting football. I hope they stay up rather than Newcastle. For a team with a huge stadium and fanatical supporters, they definitely need a better owner and a better manager. They could be a top six team if they fixed that. However, the fact that they are going to court regards not being allowed to have the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia buy them out disgusts me. No doubt some people will disagree with me, even strongly, but if I lived there and he bought the club, I'd become a Sunderland supporter.
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:14 pm

Were old school mate, what do they call it ,past due date, hahaha, money talks ,all these great managers when they don't win stand there crying the club wouldn't give me another 160 million pounds to buy so and so, how do you expect me to manage a team when I only have a trillion dollars to spend on players.
When I watch teams like Manchester City with 22 foreign players at the club, Arsenal with 28 even Watford have over 20,it makes me a sad because when I see teams from Europe, even teams in the lower half of the La Liga,or the bottoms clubs in Italian Serie A you don't see playing in goal for Crotona, JIm Brown, full back Tom Smith ,up front Jack Jones or whoever , the damn club has 15 points and sits nailed to the bottom of the division, but not an English player seems to be anywhere, are our homegrown players really that bad they can't get a place in the bottom club in Italy ?
I was reading that the number of UK players in the big six squads is less than 20% , and it's only thanks to the smaller clubs in the Premier Division that percentage for the entire league goes up to 30% .
When was it the mid 70's and Spurs signed Ardiles and Villa everyone was all excited , but at least in those days the other 9 on the pitch were homegrown, now you watch a Prem game and it's the other way around,no wonder we can't win the World Cup.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:34 am

Just seen Simeon Jackson playing for Kings Lynn Town in the National League , he must have been playing for 20 years hasn't he ?
gillsfan1066

Postby bunburygills » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:05 pm

I remember going to Kings Lynn in 1961/2 and was surprised to see one of my old Gills favourites on the right wing, Ronnie Bacon, otherwise known as Rasher. Must be an old peoples home for ex Gills.
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:36 pm

Hahahaha, that has got to be one of the best nicknames of all times Rasher, hahahaha. People don't seem to give people a nickname anymore unless it is 21 Savage or Ghostface Killah, rap names. One of the guys and myself give all the new guys that come into our office a nickname ,it rarely sticks , and we have people telling us what there nickname should be, they don't seem to get it that you can't give yourself a nickname ,it has to be given to you by others.
gillsfan1066

Return to Football Discussion