Retained, released and new signings thread

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Re: Retained, released and new signings thread

Postby lidbid46 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:14 pm

Dominic Samuels Gillsfan!? Happy now? There’s the goal scorer you were looking for. I’m getting a little too excited about this season now!!
lidbid46

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:07 am

He is a defender for Forge FC in the Canadian Premier Division, he has only scored three times in 100 games. He was defender of the year in 2015 and 2018 and played First Team in the All Star Game both years, but hardly a goal scoring machine ?
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:44 am

Watching the Las Vegas Raiders (Oakland Raiders until they did a M K Dons this year) play the New Orleans Saints on Channel 5 and they have an ex American Football player Maurice James Drew from the Jacksonville Jaguars and Oakland Raiders in the studio and guess who else live from home , Adebyo Akinfenwa ? He seems to be on TV more than anyone else in the football world, I saw him when they won promotion, on a late night TV show after they won promotion , and on a Saturday or Sunday night soccer show on Sky maybe or BT , and at 230 lbs which is what in new money I don't know, and 38 years old is sill playing Champions League football, lol, and earning 350,000 pounds a year. Hope for Mr Lidbit yet.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:51 pm

Two more players come into the fold this week Tommy O'Conner back here from Southampton, and Declan Drysdale from Coventry, where the hell is all this money coming from for on loan players ? Maybe Evans has told Scally that if we don't finish in the to 6 this year he will be moving on, so Scally is opening the purse strings ?
gillsfan1066

Postby sotongill » Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:52 pm

gillsfan1066 wrote:Two more players come into the fold this week Tommy O'Conner back here from Southampton, and Declan Drysdale from Coventry, where the hell is all this money coming from for on loan players ? Maybe Evans has told Scally that if we don't finish in the to 6 this year he will be moving on, so Scally is opening the purse strings ?

Reading between the lines on a number of articles on the Gills site , i think you'll find that the vast bulk of the costs for these players are being met by their parent clubs
sotongill

Previous

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION