Guess the season is over.

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Guess the season is over.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:22 pm

I am assuming the season is over and it is going to go in the books as if it never happened. This virus is not going to go away in three weeks, just look at Italy , it's been weeks, so there is no way the season could be restarted before say sometime in late May, half the players on most teams would be out of contract.
It's over, no one gets promoted or relegated, it just NEVER HAPPENED. Have a great summer everyone,I guess we will all meet again in the Fall.
gillsfan1066

Re: Guess the season is over.

Postby sotongill » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:17 pm

Only thing I will add 1066 , is that it's your guy Trump who is saying this will last two months.

Our government stated yesterday that they don't expect the peak to hit until the start of June , with at least four high weeks afterwards .

Quite where that leaves us , who knows
sotongill

Postby Garawa » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:40 pm

Very worrying although symptoms look mild by comparison. It is hard to see where these games will fit in. The season cannot delay the start of the next because doesn't it have to begin early so that a winter 2022 world cup can be fit in? Bet they wish they hadn't had a mid-winter break now.

It would be quite funny watching the Liverpool fans lose it when they don't win the league after all.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Mooke » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:02 pm

There is no fault on governments for this, it is freakin' people.

Was on a bus today. Some stupid, rancid toe-rag, coughed and spluttered over his hands. Then his face. Then the handrails on the bus.

End result, about 5 people will get what crap he had.

No respect.

He just didn't see why he should make an effort to look after others. (I have the virus, or whatever, but I will ensure that no one else gets it).

End result, my wedding is at risk and I am out of circulation.

Thanks a lot of thoughtless tosser …..

seriously, we need to start shaming these people.
Mooke

Postby Rimshot » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:02 pm

A very good friend of mine's wife works in a medical practice and they actually have people making appointments by describing fake symptoms ( for example 'acute earache' ), just to get through the doors and in front of a doctor. They are wilfully putting the doctors and the surgery staff, not to mention the other patients, at risk. Some people's selfishness is beyond belief.
Rimshot

Postby bunburygills » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:02 am

When something like this happens it can bring out the very best in people but it can also bring out the very worst in people. You might have seen film over there of two middle aged women having a punch up in the supermarket over one of them taking too much toilet paper. The shops have been stripped down to empty shelves. Yesterday, Woolworths, which is a huge supermarket here, announced that they are opening at special times for pensioners and vulnerable people only because they are being pushed out the way, and sometimes over, in the rush to get toilet paper and tinned foods that can be stored. I never thought I'd see that. Our Premier, not our PM, was on the radio this morning saying he went to the supermarket with his 13 year old daughter yesterday. She was getting in and out of the rush with packets of toilet paper and then handing them out to pensioners who never stood a chance. He was so proud of her.
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:18 pm

Yeah, yeah ,yeah , she was dodging in and out of the raging surge of toilet roll grabbers , managing this all on her own , nothing to do with the four 6ft 6in 225 lbs Security Staff her Father travels with , all holding the rope around the bog roll shelves while little Jilly ran around bunging rolls of toilet paper at pensioners heads , and shouting vote vote, vote for my Daddy at the next election. What a coincidence it was that the TV cameras were there, newspaper guys and the Yahoo team from the interweb.
What the hell do you mean that this 24 hour Stay In Place, do not leave the house, do not meet in groups of more than 10 (why not 9 or 11,I don't know), don't drive, don't do ANYTHING is beginning to effect me, IT'S NOT, I SAID IT'S NOT, tell those damn birds and squirrels to get out of my garden .
Luckily I will be at work tomorrow, we are what are considered Essential, wwwooowww hhoooo , you can't say that can you Auzzie old pal, you will have to sit in doors regaling the wife with Tales of life on the Chain Gang, wwwhhhoooo hhhooo how lucky is she going to be ??
I guess she will get off with nothing more than a slap on the wrist and time served when she attacks you after hearing about the piece of road you repaired between Norseman and Dundas on the 1 for the 47th time, haha don't worry I am sure when you get out of hospital she will take you back.
Well everyone have a great next couple of weeks, er four weeks, um well 2 months of lock down, try to have fun, and MR G , just one word to you my dear little rabbit....DUREX, nod nod ,wink wink.
gillsfan1066

Return to Football Discussion