New signings

Discussion relating to anything Gillingham FC

Re: New signings

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:57 pm

Alfie Jones from Southampton and Nathan Thomas from Sheffield Utd. come to Gillingham for the 2019/20 season, looks like we will have a lot of new faces on the field this season. GO GILLINGHAM.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:27 pm

Will the fans come flocking back to Priestfield if were in the top 6 on a cold wet Saturday afternoon in the middle of February, I sure hope so. There are now 99,773 people living in Gillingham, and a total of 249,488 in the Medway Towns.
That compares to teams from areas like BRENTFORD, LUTON, READING, BLACKBURN, and HULL, I think I would like to hope the saying from one of my favorite movies , Field of Dreams, which is, " If you build it they will come ". if Scally builds a promotion contending team then I think they will come..........well except Mr.Lidbit and Mr Cadburyman, who I hope change there mind and jump on the band wagon of the future HIGH FLYING GILLS.
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:45 am

It was bad enough having one appalling miscreant in charge, now we have a convicted criminal alongside him. No thanks.
Rimshot

Postby bunburygills » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:24 am

Messi was facing huge tax evasion charges and I think Ronaldo and Neymar are both still facing rape charges. Wouldn't mind any of those at Gillingham though.
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:53 am

No No NO, it's Gillingham, we have to play nice football,have good guys on the team, not go into debt, jjeezz we might get promoted if we do, not have to many people in the stadium, we don't want people getting to excited and jumping up and down making noise or saying bad things about the opposing team or the ref or the players. Singing , well maybe a few nice songs, and lets just bounce around between the 3rd and 4th Divisions, no need for all this talk of PROMOTION.
Maybe we should just drop the first team and just put Gills Lady's on the pitch of a Saturday afternoon, managed by a nice man who runs the local youth club, doesn't do anything wrong, doesn't spit or swear, and loves his wife and girlfriend, oops I mean children, someone like that nice man Mr.Jimmy Savile ,that should put at least 22 bums in the seats, I guess the Gills Ladies all have got Mom's and Dad's, none of those nice girls could be ******'s could they,like born out of wedlock, aaaagghhh stop it ,stop it,stop that dirty talk.
OK I am just joking, but come on guys it's football, were not asking Evans to run the local church scout group or the local
girls gym class , were looking for someone to bring a spark to GFC ,get us out of the s**t pit we have wallowed in for years, and don't forget as Leo Durocher once said GOOD GUYS FINISH LAST. GO GILLS.
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:45 pm

Yep.Let's get Joey Barton on board while we're at it and that nice Tommy Robinson when he gets out.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:50 am

Signed Mark Marshall so we now have a player and a manager who have received long or numerous bans during their careers. That said he looks like he has turned himself around and, at 32, we will likely be his last big shot at professional football.

Hours after, Mikael Mandron signs having played and scored goals as a trialist in pre-season.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Garawa » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:00 pm

Alex Jakubiak joins from Watford. Last week we were promised an exciting forward from the Championship that we had bid for. I guess the cheapy signing of Mandron and now the loan signing of Alex Jakubiak from Watford suggest this deal has fell through. Not sure I should be surprised.

So up front now we have Hanlan and Ndjoli which may be the main two. Mandron and Jakubiak as back-ups. Suddenly that is quite a strong forward 4.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Previous

Return to GILLS DISCUSSION