[ 29 Oct 22 ] Doncaster Rovers v GILLS Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the Match

Poll ended at Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:38 pm

Glenn Morris
No votes
Cheye Alexander (77)
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Elkan Baggott
No votes
Ryan Law (77)
No votes
Robbie McKenzie
No votes
Stuart O'Keefe
No votes
Alex MacDonald (77)
No votes
Jordan Green (51)
No votes
Scott Kashkett (61)
No votes
Lewis Walker
No votes
(51) Hakeeb Adelukun
No votes
(66) Mikael Mandron
No votes
(77) Will Wright
No votes
(77) Dom Jefferies
No votes
(77) Olly Lee
No votes

Total votes : 0

[ 29 Oct 22 ] Doncaster Rovers v GILLS Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:22 pm

- The Gills have a good record against Doncaster, winning 36 of the 70 meetings and losing just 14. The Gills are unbeaten in 3 meetings home and away with Doncaster since their last defeat there in December 2020.
- The Gills have lost just 1 of their last 7 visits to Doncaster. The most recent 2 saw a win and a loss and were preceded by 4 successive draws there in 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016.
- Doncaster are winless in their last 5 league games (3 defeats) after winning 6 of the 11 before them. 3 of those defeats have come in their last 5 home games after they won all 3 of their first 3 home league games 2-1.
- Since their last clean sheet, Doncaster have conceded 16 goals in their last 10 league games - the same number of goals the Gills have conceded from all 15 of their league games this season.
- Doncaster have been behind for a total of 522 minutes, the worst total in the division. They have been behind for 401 minutes more than they have been ahead, also the worst difference in League 2. The Gills have been ahead for just 7 minutes away and 89 minutes in total, the fewest minutes in the league.
- Doncaster have the best records for fouls in League 2 - the fewest fouls conceded (147) and most fouls won 217.

(15:00) Kick Off [ 4 - 4 - 2 ]

(15.09) Green has been fouled for a second time. This time he is absolutely clattered to the floor and, after a long delay, a yellow card is awarded to Maxwell.

(15.29) Morris punches away a Doncaster free kick and Maxwell's strike hits a Gills player. Referee says no handball.

(15.43) The Gills have a good effort go just wide of the post.

(15.48) Half time 0-0

(16.04) The second half kicks off.

(16.10) Doncaster strike the top of the crossbar.

(16.13) Gills put bodies on the line and Baggott makes a vital block.

(16.15) A couple of Gills' headers put them in with a good opportunity to score. Baggott heads to Ehmer whose header is tipped off the face of the bar by the 'keeper.

(16.18) GOAL! Doncaster Rovers 1-0 Gillingham (Biggins)

(16.21) Morris gets two strong hands to a shot to prevent it becoming 2-0.

(16.38) Morris needs to make another important stop and palm another shot away.

(16.54) FULL TIME 1-0

Attendance: 5,800 (336)
Position: 20th
Referee: Christopher Pollard
Match highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii_Hb_bQ8IM
BBC Match Report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63354782
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 29 Oct 22 ] Doncaster Rovers v GILLS Match Thread

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:49 pm

If Harris is not fired tomorrow morning then I know Scally wants Gillingham out of the Football League ,this is a joke,a sad F ' ing joke, but a joke anyway. NO WAY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH IS HARRIS UP TO THE JOB, GET HIM OUT NOW while we stand some sort of chance of staying up. The Gills don't get better, each week it is the same,there is no improvement, for Gods sake get someone in here that can save us from joining the FIFTH " TEAR " OF THE FOOTBALL PYRAMID.
I guess since I seem to be the only person on here that thinks Harris is about as useful as a shovel worth of horse dung, made me think and wonder if in the journey through space over the pond from the UK to me , means I get false info on how the Gills are doing. The table I get here in the Midwest shows that we have played 16 games,only won TWO , only scored SIX goals , against three times that many scored against us.
OK I get it now it's due to the times zones and ice being found on Mars were really 17 goals FOR and six AGAINST, that puts us where, in like 10th place in the table knocking on the promotion places door. Sorry Harris your doing a good job ,I was confused,I thought were were the other way around like one loss off of relegation , my bad.
Of course thinking about it who the hell would want the Gillingham job, maybe one of the many time wasters our beloved owner interviewed as potential part owners of the Gills. Still lets be serious a monkey in a bow tie and clown pants could not do a worse job than Harris.God help the Gills.
gillsfan1066

Return to Match Discussions