2021/22 Pre-season friendlies

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Re: 2021/22 Pre-season friendlies

Postby Garawa » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:59 pm

I didn't go I'm afraid. The delay in announcing tickets and increasing Covid rates mean I probably won't get the season ticket this year and I will be selective over the games I go to. My boss is the same age as me, with the same age kids and a ST holder and he is very ill with it.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Garawa » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:00 pm

Leyton Orient 2-0 Gillingham

Gills are beaten by first half goals from Beckles and a trialist. Gills' trialist Ogilvie is an unused sub.

Gills Starting XI: Chapman (Trialist), Lintott (Akehurst), Maghoma, Ehmer (Bennett), Tutonda (Sithole), Trialist (Phillips), O’Keefe, Trialist (Dempsey), Lee (Reeves), Trialist (Lloyd), Akinde (Oliver).

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:02 pm

Hell sorry to hear that, were getting more and more CV19 cases again,yet they have allowed Lollapalooza to go on since Thursday, two stages with bands on each stage that gets a 100,000 mainly 16 to 30 age group through the gates each day, sure doesn't make any sense to me now there saying everyone needs to start wearing masks again indoors , although yet has not been made compulsory.
Watched the Rangers/Livingstone game on TV this morning, the ground looked pretty full at least 3/4+, I guess the good folks of Scotland don't get to watch too many games in the sunshine, haha.
I swear I have tried,I swear I have, and I understand it is probably aimed at the 10 to 30 something age group, but who the hell managed to screw up the wonderful game of cricket with this thing called The Hundred ? Just looking at the TV screen is enough to drive me to drink, 20% of it is filled with stupid colored so called information. I knew I should have kept that 19 inch black and white TV we had years ago.
While you're dealing with these things Mr G ,I have just one more request . PLEASE would you ask the person who installs the microphones around the pitch in future install them say , three or four miles away from the ground, the screams of women and Indian players every few seconds shouting catch it , or something else resembling a blood curdling scream of someone being hung drawn and quartered is just unbearable, and that goes for First Class and International cricket ,not just the 100.
OK I am off to play golf, everyone have a great day GO GILLS, I put 50 bucks on you to get promoted this year , I know you can do it, so lets do it.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:12 pm

Scotland annoy me, always call us irresponsible after they announce exactly the same thing a week later to prove they have thought about it. They slated allowing Scottish fans to the Euros because of high rates then allow virtually full stadia themselves a couple of weeks later. This will all end in tears.

Have fun at golf, thundering here and hasn't stopped raining for months lol.

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:00 pm

That might end in tears ,SO WILL GILLINGHAM'S 2021/2022 SEASON IF WE DON'T SIGN SOMEONE THAT CAN SCORE GOALS . SAME ******* STORY YEAR IN YEAR OUT. We have lost Jordan Grahams 12 goals, so as far as I can see were looking to Vadaine Oliver to score around the 30 goal mark this season to get us into the top 6 for the playoffs.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:05 pm

Norwich City 5-0 Gillingham

The Gills have a number of key players unavailable and Ogilvie signed for Portsmouth before the match.

Gills Starting XI: Cumming (Chapman), Bennett (Lintott 63), Tutonda, Ehmer, Tucker, Phillips, O’Keefe, Carayol (Hall 63), Lee (Lloyd 46), Crowley, Oliver (Akinde 46, (Sithole 71mins))

Garawa

Postby lidbid46 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:44 pm

Please don't mention the joke 100, it's just dumbing down our wonderful game of cricket. If people can't even cope with 20 overs, which also is not real cricket, and need a shorter match than that then maybe cricket is not for them? Are the authorities surprised that our test team are so bad when half of them have played little or no red ball cricket so far this season? And why do we need pop music all the time? Why not a nice piece of Chopin?!
lidbid46

Previous

Return to Match Discussions