2020/21 Pre-season friendlies

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Re: 2020/21 Pre-season friendlies

Postby Garawa » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:39 pm

That's actually a good point Gillsfan. Many season tickets are purchased during pre-season when we are signing interesting players and hitting Faversham 9-0. Then the realities of a league campaign kick in. What if we don't get back into grounds until November? What if we haven't won a game at that point? How many people will think about not bothering when the weather is getting cold and wet and the side isn't performing? That has to hit numbers hard surely?

I don't think I will get to many games. Tuesday night games will be out for me so I can already see 8 of the 23 matches I won't get to. I'm torn. I want to get a ST if they ever go on sale but likewise I'd like to watch away matches and a £10 pass for each game (not sure away games are included in this) whacks the price up a fair chunk. My house is chaotic so I'd miss most of the match from the screaming. I like the sanctuary of Priestfield!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby sotongill » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:57 pm

Garawa wrote:I want to get a ST if they ever go on sale but likewise I'd like to watch away matches and a £10 pass for each game (not sure away games are included in this) whacks the price up a fair chunk. My house is chaotic so I'd miss most of the match from the screaming. I like the sanctuary of Priestfield!

Watching away games for a tenner are also included . This has been in place for two years for evening games , with quality improving all the time , but not for Saturday afternoon .

And it sounds like you need a shed in the garden
sotongill

Postby Garawa » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:19 pm

Ooohh that sounds good! I wasn't sure whether the away games would be included in the Saturday afternoon offer. That makes it £40 a month. Mmmm

Garawa

Postby Garawa » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:31 pm

Leyton Orient 1-0 Gillingham

The Gills lose to a last minute winner. Orient start with Conor Wilkinson, Josh Wright and Ouss Cisse in their XI.

Gills first half XI: Bonham, Tucker, Medley, McKenzie, Jackson, Ogilvie, Dempsey, Willock, Graham, Coyle, Oliver.
Gills second half XI: Bonham, Tucker, Medley, McKenzie, Jackson, O'Keefe, Dempsey (Woods), Willock (Mellis), Graham (MacDonald), Coyle (Hanlan), Oliver (Akinde).

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:24 am

First of all the fact that a couple of thousand home fans can't be in the stands 6 feet apart with masks on is ridiculous. Secondly I have this gut feeling were going to lose more than a handful of fans if this goes on into the late fall, and by Christmas there is going to be more than a few clubs going into administration, I hope were not one of them.
gillsfan1066

Previous

Return to Match Discussions