[ 16 Nov 19 ] GILLS v Lincoln City Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the Match

Poll ended at Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:52 pm

Jack Bonham
No votes
Barry Fuller
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Connor Ogilvie
No votes
Jack Tucker
No votes
Stuart O'Keefe
No votes
Alfie Jones
No votes
Mark Byrne
No votes
Olly Lee [1]
No votes
Mikael Mandron
No votes
Brandon Hanlan [2]
No votes
[1] Regan Charles-Cook
No votes
[2] Alex Jakubiak
No votes

Total votes : 0

[ 16 Nov 19 ] GILLS v Lincoln City Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:54 pm

- The Gills lead the wins 19 to Lincoln's 15 and there have been 12 draws. The sides last met in April 2011, the 4th meeting between the sides in 20 years.
- The Gills last beat Lincoln at Priestfield in March 1999 (4-0). The most recent 3 meetings have seen the home side score 1 goal in total and the away side win each one: Lincoln 0-4 Gills, Gills 0-1 Lincoln, Gills 1-2 Lincoln.
- Since the Gills and Lincoln played out a 0-0 draw in February 1995, the 8 games between the sides have seen the Gills score 16 goals (failing to score twice) and Lincoln score 6 (failing to score 4 times).
- Lincoln started the season with 4 successive wins in all competitions making it 10 wins from 18 crossing over from last season. Their 3-0 over Rotherham in the Checkatrade Trophy on Tuesday was only their 3rd win in the 18 played since.
- Lincoln have been behind in their away league games for 434 minutes (the most in the division) - an average of 48.2 minutes for every away game. They have managed just 6 leads, however the average length of each (58.0) is also the most in the division.
- Lincoln City visit Priestfield having picked up just 2 points out of 24 from their last 8 league games on the road. They have conceded in all of those 8 games (14 goals) and at least twice in 5 of them.
- Lincoln have lost 11 of their last 18 matches in all competitions with 9 of them coming in 3 runs of 3 successive defeats. They are, however, unbeaten in 3 - their last away match being an FA Cup draw at Ipswich.
- Lincoln scored 12 goals and conceded 4 in their opening 6 league games but have since scored 6 and conceded 17 goals (including a 0-6 home defeat to Oxford) in their last 10 league games thanks, in part, to 5 blank sheets in 9 games.

15.01 Kick Off [ 4 - 1 - 3 - 2 ]

GOAL! Gillingham 1-0 Lincoln City: Mandron.

15.49 Half time 1-0
Lincoln are winless when behind at the break in league. They have drawn 1 and lost 6 with all bar 1 of the defeats coming in their away matches.

The second half kicks off.

Mikael Mandron hits the crossbar.

Bonham palms a point blank save from 5 yards out over the bar for a corner.

16.54 FULL TIME 1-0

Attendance: 5,567 (453)
Position: 14th
Referee: Christopher Pollard
Match highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gkxAr5-cn8
BBC Match Report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50356063
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 16 Nov 19 ] GILLS v Lincoln City Match Thread

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:19 am

I honestly think this is one of the biggest games of the season, two teams with the same number of points, exactly the same record over the last five games, one win ,two draws, and two loses . Lincoln the team everyone seemed to think were going to be in the top half of the table with the Crawley Bros. in charge ,are now without the Bros and find themselves staring at the relegation zone, instead of a promotion spot ..........along with the Mighty Gills, but we won't mention that will we ?
I think Evans needs a big win today, a lose would prove to me he has not got a team, a team he built , thats good enough to even finish in the top half , let alone gain a promotion play off place.
God forbid we lose today, but if we do and this pathetic 23% win record continues for the next month, then I think if I was Scally I would be looking to put a " Manager Wanted Ad " in the local paper, a couple of weeks before Christmas to bring in a new guy for the January transfer period. It would seem pretty obvious to me that the team were fielding is not a team that is going to be doing anything promotion wise for the rest of the season, in fact the exact opposite ,we would be looking at the relegation zone UP REAL CLOSE.
Come on you Gills a big win and three points today, followed by knocking Sunderland out of the Cup, a thumping of the Wombles, another big win at home against Sunderland in the league, and Mr Evans will be MY HERO again, lol. GO GILLS.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:37 pm

I completely agree! We have to put the Rotherham defeat to bed. The other results make it a win against Accrington and a draw at Sunderland. On paper, this is very winnable then we have the Sunderland replay which none of them want (so a real chance to progress) and a trip to Wimbledon. This is a great chance to get a bit of run going. If we don't, we then have Sunderland in the league followed by Fleetwood and Ipswich away in December where losses could have us being very nervous into the New Year.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:36 pm

YYEEEEEEEESSSSSSS, well done the Gills, three lovely points, we needed them , gives us a bit of false sense of security with so many teams in our division not playing today, because one of there players is playing for some country two or three time zones east of Constantinople for some under 21 team on " International duty".
Don't worry about these games coming up, I know on paper it looks tough leading up to Christmas but I think the players get up for the tougher games, it's games against teams like the Wombles I worry about,they seem to think they should win them by just turning up. Well done the Big Blue Machine, rumble on.
It's Dover time and Andy H for the second time in a week on BT Sports 1, jjeezzz that twice more than I have seen the Gills in how many years I can not imagine ? Saw them play Cardiff in the Cup last year , are we going to be on TV Tuesday when we play Sunderland ?
gillsfan1066

Postby sotongill » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:26 pm

gillsfan1066 wrote:It's Dover time and Andy H for the second time in a week on BT Sports 1, jjeezzz that twice more than I have seen the Gills in how many years I can not imagine ? Saw them play Cardiff in the Cup last year , are we going to be on TV Tuesday when we play Sunderland ?

The game on Tuesday isn't due to be live on any channel . Have you looked into live streaming games from iFollow through the official site ? Living in the UK , I can only live stream midweek non- Carabao / FA cup games at £10 a time , but they appear to be selling season tickets for all league one and EFL cup games to people living outside of the UK . Commentary from Radio Kent
sotongill

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:54 am

Thanks old mate, I have a thing called an Android Box ,I can pick up TV stations from around the world, everything from BBC1 -5 ,ITV 1 -4 , all the Sky stations, Australian, Indian, Canadian, Italian TV etc etc, well you get the picture, we even get the Saturday 3pm games which I guess you guys don't on regular TV.
Only problem is I get the shows live, so for example the noon game on a Saturday is on here at 6 am, a 7.45 pm game during the week is on at like 1.45 in the afternoon our time , which means a lot of late lunches between 1.30 and 3.30 and pray for no overtime, hahaha.
I get the "scrolls", off of BBC and of course Mr.Garawas running reports on the game, but I have a feeling that during games , particularly of an evening he has shall we say " "better things to do", he seems to be "busy " between little things like goals, penalties,sending offs, that sort of thing, which of course is why he has 5 or 6 children all under the age of 7.
Anyway I am kind of getting a bit fed up with Premier footie, I have so little interest in it anymore, something I never thought I would say, almost as much as the lack of interest I have for Christmas. Every TV station is nothing but comercial after comercial of Christmas goods for sale , and it started at the beginning of November.
Give me a call around the 20th of December and I will start to look forward to our Good Lord's Birthday, until then forget about, lol. it.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:03 pm

A nice win.Not a brilliant game,but the three points are the most important thing.A clean sheet,and a goal for Mandron.Hopefully he will start more games and get more goals.Lincoln have really gone off the boil since The Cowley brothers left.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Return to Match Discussions