Bury

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Bury

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:04 pm

So the Bury game is off does Gillingham get 3 points. Amazing to think they have just not been thrown out of the league, the whole situation is crazy. If we don't get three points and say Portsmouth play them in 3 weeks and win, then Portsmouth get the 6th place in the play offs and the Gills finish 7th what then ? I would agree with Scally if he took them to court, or will Bury have to make up the missed games with mid week games ?
gillsfan1066

Re: Bury

Postby Garawa » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Definitely play the matches at some point. It has to be fair for everyone. The alternative is to cancel all their games and no teams gain any points as we all play 44 games. You can't have teams being awarded 3 points when other teams are not able to do likewise after they have gone.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby CadburyMan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:14 am

This has cost me money - I bought non refundable train tickets prior to the season starting and the extent of Bury's problems being known.

Whilst my journey would only be from the midlands I'm sure there are others who would have done the same but from the Medway area with a far greater loss.
CadburyMan

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:06 pm

Bummer , thats a shame I didn't realize you could buy tickets so far in advance , your gamble sounds about as good as mine does when I am betting on the ponies, haha.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:13 am

I read today that because the Portsmouth/ Rochdale game has been postponed, Portsmouth are looking at reimbursing fans that bought travel tickets (train/bus/plane) on a case by case basis, guess Bury won't be doing that ??
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:56 pm

Their game goes ahead but I still cannot see it being played. The new owners say that due diligence cannot be completed by the Tuesday deadline as their solicitors are not back until Wednesday (poor excuse if you ask me that you have a major takeover to complete but the solicitors have all gone away for 4 days)! If true, any efforts to save the club cannot happen until after an extension to an already extended deadline. Doing so again makes a mockery of it unless games are no longer suspended but forfeited but then that itself calls into question the league's validity. I fear come the weekend we will be a 22 team division with Bury ready to start in the non-league divisions and Bolton gone completely.

Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:30 am

I don't know if I should laugh or cry, lawyers being paid God knows how many hundreds of pounds an hour to save a football club and they have gone on a four day vacation, haha. If I was a supporter of that team I would be organizing demonstrations outside there offices tomorrow morning, and I would have a troop of boy scouts camping on the front lawn of there homes.
Now what about does that mean about relegation if they fold, do they count as two of the relegation teams, so only two others are relegated ? Sure hope so the way were playing, at least it gives us a chance of staying in the First Division if they do.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:58 pm

2 would go down but 4 come up to re-balance the division back to 24 teams then the same will happen lower down to make each division 2 teams more. This could be a great season for Dover if they push hard like the season before.

Garawa

Return to Match Discussions