[ 12 Mar 19 ] GILLS v Bristol Rovers Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the match

Poll ended at Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:38 pm

Tomas Holy
No votes
Luke O'Neill
No votes
Max Ehmer
50%
Connor Ogilvie
No votes
Barry Fuller
50%
Darren Oldaker [1]
No votes
Mark Byrne
No votes
Callum Reilly
No votes
Regan Charles-Cook [2]
No votes
Brendan Hanlon
No votes
Tom Eaves
No votes
[1] Elliott List
No votes
[2] Leonardo da Silva Lopes
No votes

Total votes : 2

[ 12 Mar 19 ] GILLS v Bristol Rovers Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:13 pm

- The Gills have won 3 of the last 4 meetings with Bristol Rovers and 7 of the last 10. It took their number of wins to 41, 4 behind the number of wins for the visitors and there have been 20 draws.
- Bristol Rovers have only won 1 of the last 10 meetings with the Gills and have lost all 7 of their last 7 trips to Priestfield (most recently losing 1-4, 1-3, 0-4, 1-4). Their last win here came back in August 1999.
- Bristol Rovers can go above the Gills with a win thanks to 1 league defeat in 7 and 2 league defeats in 13 (which came after 5 straight defeats).
- 16 of Bristol Rovers' away league matches spanning the end of last season and beginning of this saw just 2 wins, 5 draws and 9 defeats. Their most recent 6 games following that sequence have seen them remain unbeaten away, winning 4 games.
- The Gills have scored in all of the previous 15 meetings with Bristol Rovers and there have only been 3 clean sheets in them. The goals scored over those games stands at Gills 31, Bristol Rovers 16.
- Despite sitting 19th in League 1, Bristol Rovers have the best defensive away record in the division with 15 goals conceded - 2 fewer than league leaders Luton. Just 73 goals have been scored in their league games, the fewest in the league.
- The Gills have faced the most shots on target in the league with 215 however Bristol Rovers have the lowest shooting accuracy in the division with 30.8% of all their shots being on target.

19.46 Kick Off [ 4 - 1 - 3 - 2 ]

20.33 Half time 0-0 (46:58)
The Gills are 0-0 at half time for the 10th time at home this season. - only 2 have ended 0-0. The Gills have only manged to score 6 first half goals in their 23 home games this season.

The second half kicks off.

GOAL! Gillingham 0-1 Bristol Rovers: Clarke-Harris
39 out of the 430 League 1 games have been won by the side who conceded the opening goal - the Gills winning 1 of them. Bristol Rovers have won 9 (6 away) and lost 1 of the 13 league games they scored first in.

21.39 FULL TIME 0-1 (96:32)

Attendance:
Position: 17th
Referee: Chris Sarginson
Match highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1WixQ6SJFY
BBC Match Report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47450393
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 12 Mar 19 ] GILLS v Bristol Rovers Match Thread

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:22 pm

This is one very , very, pathetic Gillingham team, led by a pathetic manager who is so far out of his depth it's a joke. He was OK when he was a member of the gang of three, on his own he is a waste of space. Get rid of him NOW,were running out of time,NINE GAMES LEFT, thats 27 points available , with Lovell in charge there is a very good chance that except for Bradford and Wimbeldon just about any team below us could easily overtake us and send us into Division 2.
So often I read Gillingham...SHOTS ON TARGET 1 or 2 and thats in 90 MINUTES jjjeeezzz what a joke,isn't there one player on the entire team with a canon for a foot who could kick a few hard balls at the goal and force the keeper to make a save or perhaps even dare I say it SCORE A GOAL ?
Where are we next..... Luton ,wonder what odds I can get that we don't score and go down by 3 or 4 goals ?
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:24 pm

Apparently Steve Evans has watched the last 3 or 4 games we have played. I'll be shocked if he takes over after watching for so long. I'll be even more peeved if he gets the job.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:06 am

I don't care who takes over , BUT SOMEONE HAS TO AND QUICK, LIKE....TODAY. I am sorry Lovell is NOT the man for the job at Gillingham FC, he should have been let go at Christmas.
Like him or loath him, Evans wins more than he loses where ever he has been of late,so give him a contract today for the next 9 games then take it from there.
Evans is not going to take on the job at GFC full time if Scally has not promised him money for new players this summer, the team we are putting on the field at the moment is pathetic,there is no other word for it.
Good players want to win in any sport, if the manager gives them the chance to be successful then they will play hard for him,no one seems to play very hard for Lovell.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:07 pm

Thanks to FOM for letting me have his Curry prize,which was the best part of the night.I thought we were poor,and kept hoofing up the field which did nothing.Eaves was too far wide,and their keeper probably went home with a clean top.No home win on a Tuesday night since November 2015.Rovers first win at Gills for 20 years.The gap is three points below us,but Luton away next could make us drop back in.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Return to Match Discussions