[ 10 Nov 18 ] GILLS v Hartlepool Utd Match Thread (FAC1)

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the match

Poll ended at Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:55 pm

Tomas Holy
No votes
Luke O'Neill
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Gabriel Zakuani
No votes
Barry Fuller
No votes
Connor Ogilvie [1]
No votes
Darren Oldaker
No votes
Mark Byrne
No votes
Regan Charles-Cook
No votes
Brendan Hanlan [2]
No votes
Tom Eaves
No votes
[1] Billy Bingham
No votes
[2] Elliott List
No votes

Total votes : 0

[ 10 Nov 18 ] GILLS v Hartlepool Utd Match Thread (FAC1)

Postby Garawa » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:07 am

- The Gills lead the wins over Hartlepool 15 to 11 and just 8 have ended in draws. The Gills are winless in the last 3 meetings.
- After 6 wins, 2 draws and no defeats from 8 games, Hartlepool have since won 2 and lost 4 of their last 8 (including the last 3).
- This is the 3rd successive season in which the Gills have started their FA Cup campaign at home to non-league opposition. They have won 15 and lost 3 (Margate, Folkestone and Dover) home FA Cup R1 ties to non-league opposition whilst an EFL club.
- The Gills home FA Cup Round 1 record has seen 34 wins and 16 defeats from 62 matches. Overall, they have won 51 and lost 41 of their 122 Round 1 matches.
- Hartlepool's last visit to Priestfield in August 2009 saw them secure their first win there ending a sequence of 13 Gills wins and 3 draws.
- Only 1 of the previous 5 seasons have seen the Gills progress from Round 1 and 4 of those seasons saw the Gills face lower-league or non-league opposition.

15.02 Kick Off [ 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 ]

15.47 Half time 0-0 (45:08)

The second half kicks off.

16.53 FULL-TIME 0-0 (94:14)

Attendance: 2,224 (126)
Referee: Brett Huxtable
Match Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a15jNP92xE
BBC Match Report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46080668
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 10 Nov 18 ] GILLS v Hartlepool Utd Match Thread (FAC1)

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:28 pm

A potential banana skin against a decent Conference side.They’re challenging for the top 6,but if we turn up like we did against Fleetwood we will get the job done.They got hammered at Bromley last week,so an early goal could make it a long afternoon for them .It’s all about us,if we turn up and play well I’m confident we would win.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:45 pm

I think you are 100% correct Sir,if we can score early then I think we can score often, I am sure deep down in the Hartlepool locker room they would consider a draw a win for them, replay in Heartlepool, big gate for them and a real 'nana skin for the Gills if they have to go up norf for a replay in the middle of the midweek. GO GILLS, don't go into this one over confident,but lets get into the second round TODAY.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:53 pm

So the Gills managed one whole shot on target compared to Hartlepool's 5, way to go Gills, way to go. You players ,your manager and your owner a such a bunch of looser's if it wasn't so sad it would be funny,ask the 3,000 people that DIDN'T turn up how glad they were to stay at home and not have to watch shite like this .
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:40 pm

Awful match from both sides. None of our players really looked up for it, the fans were all calling it a glorified friendly and the appetite for a Tuesday night replay up there will be minuscule. Would almost have been better had we lost.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:23 am

Not up for it,what a bunch of losers, hope Scally is not up to paying them this week. Time for Lovell to go, he is not the man I think most of us thought he was, proves you can fool all of the people some of the time.
Sorry but he is just not the guy to lead Gillingham to bigger and better things. He was a good assistant and thats where he peaked, let him go now, another relegation battle and an 18th place finish is NOT what Gillingham Fans deserve.
Lets just lay it on the line, your hired to play football for the club and WIN , your hired to manage the club and WIN, but
it appears we have a lot of players who don't understand this, and a neither does the manager , cut the line and let them go, I am sure there are lots of positions available in the National League .
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:27 am

It was awful.They came for the replay,and time wasted at every opportunity.They did have the best two chances though.We were stuck in first gear,and the movement was poor.We didn’t test their keeper.A replay now,and a long way for our fans to go mid week.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:58 pm

I find it hard to imagine anyone other than unemployed who appear to have plenty of time on their hands, maybe the lost and lonely ,or someone that wants to say I was almost in Scotland the other day to their mates in the bar over the weekend , would even bother to shell out a brass farthing to travel to Hartlepool .
I can honestly say I was 100% behind the signing of Lovell, him and his mates, the threesome, did a great job saving us a couple of years ago, last year he really did nothing, once again saved us from going down, and this year everything looks like deja vu all over again.
Every year we rely on other teams to keep us up, Bradford and Wimbeldon doing us the favor this year by the looks of it, a loss at Oxford could mean we change places with them and drop into the relegation zone,this is NOT acceptable.
Between now and the end of the year we play Oxford, Br Rovers, and Scunny, three teams lower than us , WE MUST win these games, because some of our other games are against High Flying teams like Luton, Charlton and Portsmouth, who must be licking there chops at the thought of grabbing 3 points each when they play GFC.
I find the state of affairs at GFC so disappointing, I know I am 5 or 6 thousand miles from Gillingham , but this is my umbilical cord to my home town, and I am so disappointed that the manager appears not to be able to manage, the players seem to be sleep walking through the season, picking the games they want to play in and the ones they don't, and an owner that looks at GFC as a cash cow to keep him and his family living happily in the sunshine 360 days a year, and doesn't seem to care if we play in the First Division or the Second .
Come on Gillingham wake your ideas up, lets go, THREE POINTS THIS WEEKEND, start building some momentum for the rest of the season, top 10 finish and hope for next year. GO GILLS.
gillsfan1066

Return to Match Discussions