[ 12 Aug 17 ] GILLS v Bradford Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the match

Poll ended at Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:35 pm

Tomas Holy
No votes
Alex Lacey
No votes
Gabrielle Zakuani
100%
Max Ehmer
No votes
Luke O'Neill
No votes
Conor Ogilvie
No votes
Mark Byrne
No votes
Josh Wright
No votes
Lee Martin
No votes
Josh Parker
No votes
Conor Wilkinson
No votes
Tomas Eaves
No votes
Liam Nash
No votes
Scott Wagstaff
No votes

Total votes : 3

Re: [ 12 Aug 17 ] GILLS v Bradford Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:51 pm

One defender needs replacing? Looks he has today then with Nugent coming in!

Gillsfan, last season was exceptional in what he had to deal with so we have to draw a line under it. He has started from scratch and is building a side from the ground up. 1 goal conceded in 3 games is very decent but when this happens, it often comes at a cost of scoring - it's happened so many times. Not conceding gives a platform to win games, it WILL come, but for Pennocks tenure it will be how long it takes. He needs to pick a couple of wins very soon and get some goals on the board. We haven't been far away though. How Zakuani missed against Doncaster when the keeper pulled off a point blank save I don't know. Parker and Byrne fired wide against Bradford when it seems easier to slot home and Eaves had the ball in the net having been marginally offside so we aren't that far off but we can't go much longer without getting a few. Especially as they got their scoring eye during pre-season.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:55 am

Seems odd that Oxford and Peterborough and and 16 other clubs above us seem to have " worked it out" maybe Peter Taylor and Pillock couldn't get it figured out, OH I forgot PT was off looking after the England under 12's or something ,and Pillock was just happy to get a new contract, guess he spent the summer in Margravitaville.
He had TWENTY FOUR F'ING GAMES under his belt last year TWENTY FOUR and he won FOUR, yeah thats the guy I would have given a new contract to, hahahaha , yeah right,give me a break,another clueless manager that will be gone by Christmas if he can 't figure it out and he won't.
Lets bring back Pillock the players will respect him. Yes Sir he will tell them he played for Norwich and Bournemouth and played a 168 games for Gillingham and he bleeds Gillingham Blue when he cuts his face shaving in the morning, and do you know what the players will say, WHO THE **** CARES.
Most of them were ten years old when he was playing and the had never heard of Gillingham,they were growing up supporting and dreaming of playing for Manchester United, or Liverpool or Spurs
My bet is we don't win a League One game in August, but I sure do hope we do, because if we don't it will be last season all over again, and we might not be as lucky as we were last year.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:00 pm

The ones you mentioned have done their rebuilding though and are now seeing the reward for it. He couldn't rest or bring in players during the season so we were stuck with what we had. Our re-building was then carried out in the summer with the repair work done so it is NOW when it begins for us. Of course, we can give AP 10-15 games and then sack him only for the new guy to have similar issues to AP and the rebuilding work begins all over again next summer.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:00 pm

OH stop it, every year you say the same thing, wait wait wait Scally will get it right the manager we have got is the man for the job. When are you going to face the truth Gillingham have done NOTHING in over a hundred years and since we came down from the championship division when was that in 2003, 15 seasons ago SCALLY HAS DONE NOTHING for Gillingham Football Club.
He could have any number of managers come to Gillingham, Rowett, Steve Cotterill, Lovell, Micky Adams , but no we got Pillock because he works for peanuts and will do what ever Scally says.
Year after year the same old same old RUBBISH dished up week in week out, what the hell did we do to deserve this ??
gillsfan1066

Previous

Return to Match Discussions