[ 8 Apr 17 ] GILLS v Millwall Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the match

Poll ended at Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:53 pm

Tomas Holy
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Adedeji Oshilaja
No votes
Zesh Rehman
No votes
Ryan Jackson
No votes
Lee Martin
No votes
Mark Byrne
No votes
Josh Wright
No votes
Harry Cornick
No votes
Joe Quigley
No votes
Cody McDonald
No votes
Jake Hessenthaler
No votes
Emmanuel Osadebe
No votes

Total votes : 0

[ 8 Apr 17 ] GILLS v Millwall Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:54 pm

- Millwall have won 50 ties (including the last 3 all 2-1). The Gills have won 27 including a 3-0 at the Den 4 games ago. There has been 21 draws.
- Before kick off the Gills hadn't scored at home for 184 minutes, the longest home spell without a goal this season.
- Millwall have won 2 of their last 10 away league matches and failed to score in 5 of them.
- The Gills have 3 wins in 19 league games. The recent 2 home losses ended a spell at home of 4 draws and 2 wins.
- Millwall have won their last 2 after going winless in 4. The Gills have lost their last 4 after winning the previous 2.
- Millwall have lost 2 of their last 4 league matches however they are their only defeats in 20 league games (10 wins).
- Millwall's win on the final day of last season ended a sequence of 10 games without a win at Priestfield (the Gills had won 7 of them).

3.03 Kick-Off [ 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 ]

3.50 Half-time 0-0 (46:57)

The second half kicks off.

GOAL! Gillingham 1-0 Millwall: Quigley
Millwall have only won 2 of the 15 league games when conceding first - both the wins however came in away games.

GOAL! Gillingham 1-1 Millwall: Morison

4.56 FULL-TIME: 1-1 (97:02)

Position: 20th
Attendance: 7,221 (2,262)
Referee: Charles Breakspear
Goal Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jplj_lcNuBg
BBC Match Report: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39463429
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: [ 8 Apr 17 ] GILLS v Millwall Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:02 pm

On Tuesday evening, referee Keith Stroud was officiating in the Newcastle match at home to Burton. He awarded a penalty but gave a free kick to the defending team after spotting encroachment. Despite protests he failed to apply the correct rule which was to order the retake to be taken. As a result, it appears that Stroud has been removed as the senior match official for the Gills home tie with Millwall.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:40 pm

I think Gillingham will line up as follows.......................

----------------------------------------Nelson-------------------------------------------
-------------------Ehmer-------------Rehman------------------Oshilaja----------------
Jackson------------------Byrne------------------------Wright---------------------Martin
----------------------------------------Parker----------------------------------------------
-------------------------McDonald----------------------Quigley---------------------------

Subs: Holy (GK), Hessenthaler, Muldoon, List, Cornick, Donnelly, Mbo

Last Week Against MK Dons, Adedeji Oshilaja played at Left Back and it just didn't work at all, and with Steve Lovell's Comments about A Knife Through Butter with our defence, I can see Gillingham lining up with Three Centre Backs against Milwall, because Millwall are A Much Better Side Then MK Dons and we're going to have to be at our very best and hope Millwall have a off day, if we want to see Gillingham pick up all three points tomorrow afternoon, one player I hope to see in The Match-Day Squad against Millwall is Noel Mbo, as The Young Striker has scored Twenty Goals For Gillingham's Youth Team and we need to start seeing what Mbo can do for The First Team, especially as we have given Noel Mbo A Professional Contract For Next Season.

In-Terms Of The Goalkeeping Situation, Let Stuart Nelson, Tomas Holy and Tom Hadler battle for The Number One Goalkeeper Jersey in The Off Season, But For Now, I would bring Stuart Nelson back in and take Tomas Holy out of the firing line, Now that is very harsh on The Young Goalkeeper, but with Gillingham so close to The League One Relegation Zone, I would of waited for our League One Status to be decided one way or another before throwing Tomas Holy into The Starting Line Up.

Hopefully, we're all smiling at 5PM Tomorrow Afternoon celebrating A Hard Fought Gillingham Victory, and I hope those on here who are going to the game tomorrow arrive and depart from Priestfield Stadium safely - COME ON THE GILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!
fan_of_mulligan

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:50 am

Don't think you can trust the Gills to do it themselves, so looking at the others at the bottom for help, Swindon could tie with MKD, Rochdale's last real push for a play off spot should beat the Shrews,P V have only won once away all season , so please the Gods of footie don't make this the second time, and Oldam don't look good for much against Fleetwood, so COME ON YOU GILLS, put some effort into it today.
gillsfan1066

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:25 pm

It was better, but we still didn't look as though we could score. Then we did! Then we conceded; there's a surprise. Then we panicked for a while and presented several chances to Millwall, then five mins of extra time was given and for once we didn't concede in that time. Then the whistle went and I came home. Now I'm ordering an Indian take away and having a beer. The end.
lidbid46

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:20 pm

See I knowed you was rich , ordering delivery instead of going to pick up, rich ,rich,rich, tell Mrs'. L, that her sister in Brighton needs her urgently next week, garaws misses bought her card for this weekend,........ now you want to talk about poor, well that's what happens when you have 15 kids, at least with Mrs L we got the good stuff, Mrs. Garaw's ordering Golden Duck at a couple of bucks a bottle and Babycham 's all round, lol.
Last edited by gillsfan1066 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:08 am

Pennock's comment shows why we will get relegated. Happy with a home draw ? As for that goalkeeper send him back to the Addams family. Regulation save to make but here have another go while I take fifteen minutes to get back on my feet. He is the clown in the great Gillingham circus act.
Rimshot

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:40 am

I have not been well all week,but managed to make the game.Millwall should have scored in 49 seconds,but luckily their player fluffed it.We had quite a few corners in the first half,but unfortunately nothing came of them.Our style was very much hoof it up to Quigley,but it didn`t work much as their CB`s all knew how to handle him,and were solid as a unit.It looked like it might be a 0-0,but the corner fell to Quigley who managed to fire home.The roar was great as it went in.Unfortunately we conceded 5 minutes later.Millwall came close to a winner as well as they put us under pressure.I thought they played some good football.I will take a point against a decent side,but Bristol Rovers on Good Friday is a must win.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Return to Match Discussions