[ 18 Mar 17 ] Rochdale v GILLS Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the Match

Poll ended at Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Stuart Nelson
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Mitchell Dickenson
No votes
Zesh Rehman
No votes
Olly Muldoon
No votes
Lee Martin
100%
Mark Byrne
No votes
Jake Hessenthaler
No votes
Bradley Dack
No votes
Cody McDonald
No votes
Josh Parker
No votes
Scott Wagstaff
No votes
Elliott List
No votes
Greg Cundle
No votes

Total votes : 1

Re: [ 18 Mar 17 ] Rochdale v GILLS Match Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:37 pm

An awful game to listen to and result.An early goal for Rochdale,then we got the equaliser and seemed to have a little spell.They then found their stride again and got themselves in front again.Nelson made a few saves to keep it at 2-1 going into H/T.After that you knew they would win comfortably as every attack felt like a goal would come.Three then became four in the last minute.Our defence is embarrassing.10 goals conceded in three games,eight in the last two games.Rehman sent off for two yellow`s so our weak defence becomes weaker.Results have gone against us again.We have no chance of getting to 52 points if we concede 2+ goals a game.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Rimshot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:02 am

Club needs a makeover . Scally to be replaced by a proper comedian who is intentionally funny. New GFC badge to feature a desert palace above two crossed legal writs with the legend 'don't worry soon we'll be completely f***ed'.
Have heard all the excuses over and over. Until someone who values football results not just personal income is in charge this is our future.
Rimshot

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:02 am

Well with all due respect,and I agree with what you say in the main, and your not going to like what I say, but if you go to a store to buy a loaf of bread and it cost three times the amount as anywhere else, then you come outside and the store owner wants to show you his new Bentley, then I guess you buy your bread somewhere else next time ?
I don't think Scally is doing a very good job at GFC, he reminds me of President Trump, talks big ,but is really seems out of his depth running the club.
It seems his one aim is to NOT let it go broke , to keep GFC in the football league if it's in the 3rd division or the 4 he doesn't seem to care, and I guess the fans have become so used to being there they don't care either, 3rd,4th hey ho what does it matter ?? I guess when he does retire he will hand the reigns over to his son, Paul is it, he's the footie expert in the family I hear, produces the programe every home came, lol.
Of course we could be like Darlington, Halifax, Rushden and Diamonds, didn't we used to go to Calais for pre- season training,.......they gone,( the curse of the Scally ,lol, ) so I guess as far as that goes he is doing a good job,were still alive and kicking and living in hope that NEXT YEAR will be THE YEAR for GFC.
Remember we were once finished in 12th place was'nt, it in the Championship Division, but did the people of Kent support the Gills in the following season, I don't think so, only time they ever did was when we went to Wibbly Wobbly Wembley, just think if 10% of those 35,000 that had not been to a game all season had become season ticket holders how much more money GFC would have had to spend on players and kept us in the almost big boy division.
Just thinking out loud and I don't think for one second you should go support another team, just enjoy the rest of the season, lol,at least were not stuck in like 12th place going no where with nothing to play for, look at all the excitement we have to look forward to until the end of the season, and how happy we will all be when we stay up lol,lol.
gillsfan1066

Postby Goalmouth » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:49 pm

I can't see us getting another point, let alone staying up judging by what I watched yesterday. The players need to show more guts. No leadership. Second best all over the pitch.
Goalmouth

Postby Garawa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:30 pm

I agree. It seems 3 times out of 10 the desire is tremendous then the rest of the 7 out of 10 it is totally undone, not just in a "didn't play well" but it seems in total inability to function as a coherent team. So what happens? 3 wins out of 4 including probably one of the best comebacks I've ever witnessed and everything was great. We looked more than safe and we were on the up. Then in the following 7 days we had lost twice, scored once, conceded 8 and ruined our goal difference in games we were never even close in. The defencive issues were crucial but where were the likes of Dack etc to try and at least make us look capable of competing.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Previous

Return to Match Discussions