[ 28 Jan 17 ] GILLS v Shrewsbury Town Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the Match

Poll ended at Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:30 pm

Stuart Nelson
33%
Ryan Jackson
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Adedeji Oshilaja
No votes
Paul Kochesky
No votes
Josh Wright
No votes
Jake Hessenthaler
No votes
Scott Wagsttaff
33%
Elliott List
No votes
Bradley Dack
33%
Cody McDonald
No votes
Bradley Garmston
No votes
Rory Donnelly
No votes
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
No votes

Total votes : 3

Re: [ 28 Jan 17 ] GILLS v Shrewsbury Town Match Thread

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:19 pm

Good news that the game is going ahead! Lets hope for a great performance,and a win.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:05 am

They sure as hell are not the best away team in the division, they have a bit of trouble scoring but they don't let in that many. I hope the firm of Love Pennock all Day don't actually think we played well last week at Sheffield, by all accounts we were absolute crap but came away with a point (thank you the Gods of football),I think we will need a better showing this week to take the points.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:23 pm

Well we sure as hell showed them who we are didn't we ?? Gills had half as many shots on target and less shots off target, I guess I now am convinced the team Glasgow put together is just pure F' ing rubbish and the stop gap team we bought in to manage this bunch of losers who promptly got rid of the best players are exactly that, a cheap Scally finger in the dyke until we can find some poor sucker to take the job on full time.
Hopefully with Coventry all ready looking pretty much DOOMED there are only 3 places left in the red zone ,so perhaps we will be able to end up avoiding relegation this season if we can win a couple more and draw against the bottom teams ?? I bet the Coventry owners feels real smart after they held out that season when the owners of the ground put the rent up and they went off to play in Nth'p'ton in front of 3 ,000 fans, lol, yeah that showed 'em didn't it, lol ?
Last edited by gillsfan1066 on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
gillsfan1066

Postby baronnight » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:51 am

I thought the performance was better, but still a long way to go.
Shrewsbury are much improved with 7 new signings in January, so don't be deceived by their league position. Whilst we need the wins, we didn't lose, which is a step forward. Fitness levels are starting to look better, and the win will come very soon.
baronnight

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:18 am

Thanks baronnight, nice to hear that after 60% of the season has come and gone the boys are getting fit, what do you think 100 % fit and ready to go for the last three or four games of the season, lol ?
The Shrews sign half a team to get them out of trouble, Gillingham FC sitting much to near near the foot of the table for any ones liking sign an Albatross for a goal keeper from Prague and a striker from Red Star Belgrade who appears to have been on loan to Aberdeen since 2015, who has played 7 times and seems to be absolutely clueless when it comes to scoring goals,so lets hope he can fly down each wing and put in pin point crosses onto our boys heads .
On the surface this appears to be one of the craziest signings ever, perhaps Josh Parker is paying Scally to appear for the Gills ?
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:08 pm

It was a fast paced game,but the first 20 minutes were not great.We had the better of the first half with Dack's free kick just going wide.Dack put Cody through,but his shot was saved.The goal came just before halftime where Nelson's long kick found Oshilaja who then finished it like a striker.We could have gone ahead early in he second half,but again Cody's shot was saved.Shrewsbury woke up and forced Nelson into tree good saves.How he saved Ladapo's close range shot I don't know.Their equaliser was coming,but I felt it was a poor goal to concede.Oshilaja could have done better I feel with the ball in.The game was a bit end to end at he end,and Ehmer's shot late on hit the post.A bit frustrating that we never got the three points,but we never lost ground in the table,

The passion and fight was there to see,we just need to put a couple of wins together to move ourselves up the table.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Previous

Return to Match Discussions