[ 16 Nov 16 ] Brackley Town v GILLS Match Thread (cup)

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the match

Poll ended at Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:25 pm

Stuart Nelson
No votes
Ryan Jackson
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Adedeji Oshilaja
No votes
Bradley Garmston
No votes
Chris Herd
No votes
Jake Hessenthaler
100%
Billy Knott
No votes
Bradley Dack
No votes
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
No votes
Cody McDonald
No votes
Josh Wright
No votes
Rory Donnelly
No votes
Scott Wagstaff
No votes

Total votes : 1

Re: [ 16 Nov 16 ] Brackley Town v GILLS Match Thread (cup)

Postby Rimshot » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:36 am

Brackley could easily have scored six on the night. For those who see him regularly does Oshilaja have any skills that would normally be associated with a footballer ? He and Ehmer don't have the combined marking skills of an infant school teacher
Rimshot

Postby lidbid46 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:13 am

He has occasional games where he looks solid and quite cultured, but he has many games when his legs don't seem to be controlled by his brain.
lidbid46

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:30 am

Cardiff seemed to see something in him for a while, then they could not seem to get rid of him out on loan quick enough. Came on here this morning ,it's 3.30 am sure I would read the headline that Glasgow was fired,what the hell is Scally waiting for ??
Thursday November 17th , going to be 70 degrees today, SEVENTY, lol, heading for the Golf Course, going to play from sun up to sun down , then tomorrow the weather starts to turn, going to be 60 in the morning, turning to 40 by the afternoon, and then going to snow Saturday, today is going to be the last big hurrah of Summer, so a good day to get rid of Edinburgh. Come on Scally pull the dam trigger and lets get this over with.
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:20 am

I'm not going to defend Edinburgh but the 'performance' of some players last night was beyond awful. Nelson is a bag of nerves and in my opinion is past his sell-by but sadly it's not surprising given what's in front of him. If Konchesky can't even make the bench of that team he must have broken his leg or his contact.

I don't care what anyone says, lack of interest and investment in on-field matters from the Chairman is partly to blame. We have the worst defensive record in the division so it's not hard to identify where to start. Edinburgh wants us to play 'proper football', which is an admirable ambition if you have the talent to make it work. We don't. When Dack doesn't play well we have no creativity going forward and when we're under pressure our 'defenders' lack the skills to play their way out of trouble.

Against the high ball it seems there is collective panic which doesn't extend to anyone actually getting off their feet to command the area. Last night a mis hit corner was touched by three GFC players on its way into the net via Nelson's head ( the only way we looked likely to score with a header ). That would be bad enough but no Brackley player even threatened the ball.

We are a shambles and a joke !
Rimshot

Postby Goalmouth » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:04 am

Possibly the worst performance for as long as I can remember, at times it was difficult to distinguish which was the professional outfit. I had hoped that being a defender himself, Edinburgh would have been able to coach and organise a defence, sadly that doesn't appear to be the case. There seems to be no one in the side with a bit of nous to unlock an opponent's defence and it seems pointless playing Cody if he is continually feeding off scraps. I agree with Rimshot re Oshilaja, when he first came here I was impressed, but last night he was a liability. Our defenders seem reluctant to find 'Row Z' when the need arises. Very sad day in the history of the club. :cry:
Last edited by Goalmouth on Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goalmouth

Postby CadburyMan » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:12 pm

Forget all the doom and look on the bright side- we can concentrate on the league now with no diversions ;-)
CadburyMan

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:09 pm

Where to start? We started brightly with good possession play without really testing their keeper,then out of nothing they score after poor defending.Then not long after they go 2-0 up with more poor defending.With the game on BT Sport most other football fans could see what we all see most weeks.Hessy pulled a goal back,then Wagstaff came on to score wihtin 2 minutes of coming on.You then think there will only be one winner as Brackley couldn`t get the ball,and we kept coming forward.Then in E/T when you think Brackley will be knackered they go 3-2,then 4-2 up through more embarrassing defending.Just not good enough that a milkman can score a hat-trick against us,and all their other Team mates had been working hard all day.All our players had to do is probably a light session,then a coach trip up on a warm coach.Cody pulled a goal back to make it 4-3,but it was too late.The defending was some of the worst I have seen from Gills players,Oshilaja had a nightmare,and Ehmer was off form.What makes it more embarassing is we have played Brackley 4 times and have not beaten them once.Also in these two games we have conceded 6 goals against them.We know our problems are in defence,and it shows how poor our defence is that we cannot stop leaking goals against any team at any level.I think Cargill was a massive miss as he has played in two wins for us last week.He has to start on Saturday in place of Oshilaja.

No FA Cup run again this year,and how many Teams would have liked our draw?
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Previous

Return to Match Discussions