[ 5 Nov 16 ] GILLS v Brackley Town Match Thread (cup)

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the match

Poll ended at Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Stuart Nelson
25%
Emmanuel Osadebe
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Adedeji Oshilaja
No votes
Paul Konchesky
No votes
Jake Hessenthaler
No votes
Josh Wright
No votes
Billy Knott
No votes
Frank Nouble
75%
Cody McDonald
No votes
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
No votes
Elliot List
No votes
Rory Donnelly
No votes

Total votes : 4

Re: [ 5 Nov 16 ] GILLS v Brackley Town Match Thread (cup)

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:03 am

Edinburgh CAN NOT turn this team around, he does not have the ability to do that, he proves it week after week, and has shown that week in week out.
We got off to a good start, we only lost twice in eight games in August, everyone started the season with high hopes and a fresh start, it took until the 4th of September for Edinburgh to start screwing things up, for the players to start getting bored with his messing around fine tuning game in game out , and it has gone down hill ever since.
I just can't imagine how a guy feels when he comes to Gillingham for the interview ,is told were going to sign him as our right back and the second game he is playing in he is playing on the left side of the midfield.
But Mr. Edinburgh I am a right back, have been since my first game at high school, yes I know that but I am Justin Edinburgh do you know I played for Spurs for 10 years , let me tell you about the time me and ............................. But Mr. Edinburgh I am a right back, no son I think your a left sided mid field player, I have watched you in training, BUT skipper I am not left footed, I can't play on the left, OK son, conversations over , your playing on the left ,get out there and show them what your made of.
September played six won one.
October played seven won zero,.
November humiliated by a bunch of nobody's from God knows where in the Cup, who we should beat with one leg tied behind our backs, for Christ sake how long is it going to be until Ali Baba Scally gets off his dam camel, gets on a plane and flys to Gillingham to send Edinburghs ass down the road, or does he want to see us back in the 4th Division so he can save on salarys ??
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:03 am

I can tell you from personal experience that Brackley is a hotbed of footballing talent. Just stroll down main street and you'll see the locals pointing in wonder as an aircraft flies over or discussing the issues of the day...what are traffic lights ? Where is Farmer Giles' prize pig? How many times are we going to beat that useless bunch of so-called professional footballers from South Essex ?

Anyone confident of the replay result ? Not this sorry supporter.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:31 am

I felt lightning wouldn't strike twice. That their luck in the cup in that respect had passed and yet it did. 2 draws and a win against us yet they lost 2-1 to Eastwood, a 2-2 draw and 4-1 defeat to Newport and a 3-2 defeat to Macclesfield are their only other results in the main rounds of the FA Cup!

I fully expect the replay to be televised so the nation can watch us falter yet again.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Previous

Return to Match Discussions