[ 6 Feb 16 ] GILLS v Swindon Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the Match

Poll ended at Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:01 pm

Stuart Nelson
No votes
Ryan Jackson
40%
Adam Chicksen
No votes
John Egan
No votes
Max Ehmer
20%
Josh Wright
20%
Aaron Morris
20%
Doug Loft
No votes
Bradley Dack
No votes
Rory Donnelly
No votes
Dominic Samuel
No votes
Brennan Dickenson
No votes
Luke Norris
No votes
Elliott List
No votes

Total votes : 5

Re: [ 6 Feb 16 ] GILLS v Swindon Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:27 pm

He has had some good second half sub appearances and did alright on Saturday. He is definitely has a bad effect on the side and many seem to say he slow and doesn't have the same power at this level so maybe that is the reason. We have moved on a level whereas he hasn't and that difference is starting to tell with such fine margins in the games.

Baron, I think we are having a little wobble (along with Walsall) but will pull out of it. Your calculations go on if this run continued to the end. If you average out ALL the points over 46 games we are still on target for 83 points and will so many sides close on points, the totals needed should be lower.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby baronnight » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:11 pm

I understand what you mean Gary, the trouble is our little wobble started at the beginning of the season, we have gone from achieving over 2 points per game average and slowly month by month lost ground to reach a 1.33 goals per game over the last 6 games. there are currently too many of the teams in the top 6 and the chasing pack that are above us in the form table.
baronnight

Postby baronnight » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:34 pm

Just to emphasise my point, I've checked our average points per game over the season so far.

After 6 games...........average 2.33 ppm (points per match)
After 12 games.........average 2.00
After 18 games.........average 1.89
After 24 games.........average 1.96
After 30 games.........average 1.83

I think the above shows a overall downward trend, the same form continued for the remainder of the season would see us just scrape a playoff (I hope)
baronnight

Postby Rimshot » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:32 pm

I'd say just getting into the playoffs was about a fair reflection of the team; we haven't done particularly well against the top sides and to be honest, I think our league position is a surprise to many.
I would be happy to see us make the top six.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:36 pm

Just to throw another statistic into the mix!!! You know how we tailed off when we won the league, staggered out a number of draws etc? A win on Saturday will put us on 1 fewer points after the same number of games of the title winning season so we could easily exceed the 83 won that year. Also, with so many teams battling at the top I think the number needed will be lower than it would normally have been. The side with momentum is Wigan and they have yet to go to both Walsall and Burton so points could be dropped there and I guess these games will hold the answers to what happens come May:

GILLINGHAM:
Walsall (H)
Burton (A)
Coventry (H)

BURTON:
Gillingham (H)
Walsall (H)
Wigan (H)

WALSALL:
Gillingham (A)
Wigan (H)
Burton (A)

WIGAN:
Coventry (H)
Walsall (A)
Burton (A)
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Previous

Return to Match Discussions