[ 25 Mar 17 ] GILLS v Peterborough Match Thread

All discussions and stats for each Gills match.

Man of the Match

Poll ended at Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:23 pm

Tomas Holy
No votes
Scott Wagstaff
No votes
Max Ehmer
No votes
Adedeji Oshilaja
No votes
Lee Martin
No votes
Mark Byrne
No votes
Josh Wright
No votes
Olly Muldoon
No votes
Bradley Dack
No votes
Cody McDonald
No votes
Rory Donnelly
No votes
Ryan Jackson
No votes
Harry Cornick
No votes
Josh Parker
No votes

Total votes : 0

Re: [ 25 Mar 17 ] GILLS v Peterborough Match Thread

Postby Garawa » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:02 pm

An easy point or three against a side with equally indifferent form as our own who weren't really playoff contenders or facing a relegation battle yet we never turned up. They have good players but were atrocious and by far the worst side for ages. They never looked like scoring and it has 0-0 all over it. So frustrating.

It might have been different had Cody put his header further to the right of the keeper and Cornick not found the top row of the RE when certain to score. In truth we never looked like scoring. I don't see us beating Millwall or Fleetwood in the next home games so it might be 4 home defeats in a row. If we are honest, we were poor against Bury and Scunthorpe and won those but were worse against Bolton, Rochdale and Peterborough so we've not played well for ages. We don't need many points to get us home but it's hard to see how we will get them.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Garawa » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:20 pm

I thought Peterborough was timewasting an awful lot. Never seen so many people rolling around! And injuries........even the referee got in on the act and the second half was deleyed whilst they found a 4th official (how do they find these spare officials).

Wagstaff went off injured after what looked an horrific injury getting his studs caught in the turf but he did carry on for a while so hard to tell. But they had 3 players down within 2 minutes and were wasting time from 13 minutes in so it all helped to restrict any flow to the game.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:24 pm

So that only left us with 77 minutes to win the game, hell I wish my purple pill lasted that long.
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:00 am

Let's admit it,we're all thinking the same thing. There's no fight, no inspiration and we can't beat even poor sides at home.
Hello Mary Lou goodbye div 1.
Rimshot

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:05 pm

Were going to be OK, Scally is going to open his wallet and give the players a bonus if we stay up, so it will be a point next week against The Dons, and by the time we play Bristol they will be out of the running so three there, and Scally has already the had a chat with the Charlton owners and both teams have agreed to share the points, costs a lot less to travel, between Charlton and Gillingham than Shrewsbury or Port Vale, can be home in time for dinner, so that will give us 50 points, time to bring on Northampton and a point there and were home and dry. Please God . On the other hand we might just beat MK Dons, and take the pressure off, and then we will be home and dry before the N'thpton game.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:51 pm

I followed the game on Twitter.From my lack of Tweets yesterday you can tell nothing much happened.You try and look for positives of well it is 0-0 late on we might get a clean sheet.Well a last minute defeat makes it a poor result.I really fear for us now.Oldham,Port Vale,Swindon,Bury,MK Dons all have that bit of fight,we seem to be in free fall.I think we look a worse side since Pennock came in,and have gone from playing Football into a hoof ball side.MK Dons up next,but I just cannot see us winning there.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby baronnight » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:19 am

The game wasn't a classic as both teams cancelled each other out, neither team deserved the win, equally neither team deserved to lose.
Whilst it will be a uphill battle to achieve the points needed for safety, I will keep believing until the last kick of the last game.
baronnight

Postby lidbid46 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:50 pm

I actually think we will stay up, but my point is that I am bored by the games I am seeing at the moment. There is nothing to excite us. As much as I'd take a lucky one goal win, just like Posh got on Saturday, I still want to go to matches to be entertained and to come away buzzing and hoarse from yelling. I'm generally really loud and passionate, so much so that in years gone by, my son was known to go and sit with his friends because I was embarrasing him! But I'll admit, for the last few games; even the one's we managed to win, I have found myself sitting there watching the crowd, or the patterns the aeroplanes have been leaving in the sky, or the amount of food the guy who sits near me manages to consume during the game! I feel like I'm just going because I have a season ticket, which I have rarely experienced before.
lidbid46

Previous

Return to Match Discussions