w/c 25th April 2020

Along with match facts, Fact of the Day is originally posted on twitter (follow @Gills_Stats for these and more) as well as here for non-twitter users.

w/c 25th April 2020

Postby Garawa » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:21 pm

Saturday 25th
Accrington has been the League 1 place to go having witnessed 60 goals scored and conceded. Southend have also seen the seen the same amount but only 18 of them were scored.
Top of the table Coventry saw the joint fewest (33), 11 fewer than those at Priestfield.
Home Goals.jpg

Sunday 26th
Southend's games have seen the most goals in League 1. Their league games have seen 124, 16 more than the next highest, and an average of 3.54 per game.
Shrewsbury's games have seen the fewest with 73, 3 fewer than the Gills.
Team.jpg

Monday 27th
The Gills have managed 13 league clean sheets this season. Peterborough and Oxford have managed the most (15) from the same number of games whilst Coventry have managed 14 from 1 fewer game played. Only Ipswich (8) have managed more than the Gills jointly away from home.
Clean Sheets.jpg

Tuesday 28th
Bolton have failed to score in 16 of their 34 league games this season and Rotherham have scored in all bar 5. Portsmouth and Wycombe have scored in all bar 1 of their home games whilst the Gills have scored in all bar 2 at Priestfield (10 in total). Shrewsbuy have failed to score in 10 of the 17 away games.
Blank Sheets.jpg

Wednesday 29th
Bolton fans have seen the most 0-0s scorelines of any League 1 side with 6. MK Dons, Portsmouth and Southend fans have only seen just 1 each. Blackpool and Gills have seen the most 0-0s in either home or away games (5) and both sides saw all of them in away games.
0-0s.jpg

Thursday 30th
Portsmouth have taken the most leads in League 1 with 31 in their 35 games. Tranmere have taken the fewest with 11, 8 fewer than the Gills.
When Peterborough take a lead, they are ahead for the longest with an average of 44.1 minutes per lead.
Leads Taken.jpg

Friday 1st
Coventry have given away the fewest leads in League 1 with 12, 6 fewer than the Gills. Southend have conceded a whopping 32 deficits from the 35 league matches.
When going behind, Sunderland are behind for longest (48.2 minutes om average) whilst Doncaster are back level within 22 minutes.
Conceded.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: w/c 25th April 2020

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:41 pm

And if only a few had been 1-0 wins , what the hell I guess it would not have mattered this year. I don't care about the Greedy Premier Division or even the Championship Division teams ,it's the Lower Division teams like our 's and the Second Division and the National League, teams without any money who a promotion would have made a world of difference to them.
My guess is that it is now almost the beginning of May and it doesn't look like anything is going to happen on the pitch for a few more weeks, I just cannot imagine why the season is not just called today, everything stays the same for next year, and away we go again as if nothing has happened.Out of 90 odd clubs there is only going to be complaints from a few clubs that might have got promoted, they will be cancelled out by joy from the few clubs that might have been relegated, and the other 80 odd clubs will go about business (hopefully) as usual when the season starts in August.
gillsfan1066

Return to Fact of the Day