w/c 12th May 2018

Along with match facts, Fact of the Day is originally posted on twitter (follow @Gills_Stats for these and more) as well as here for non-twitter users.

w/c 12th May 2018

Postby Garawa » Fri May 11, 2018 9:48 pm

Saturday 12th
Tom Eaves' 2 first half goals at home to Plymouth was his first at Priestfield after scoring 8 in the second halves. He doubled his first half goal tally in that match, ending the season with 4 of his 18 goals coming before half time.

Sunday 13th
Tom Eaves' first hat-trick (August) came just 14 games after the previous hat-trick scored (Wright) which was the first since November 2011. The last time the Gills managed 2 in the same season was in 2000/1 (Asaba and Onoura) and the last time the same player got more than 1 in a season was in 1999/00 (Taylor).

Monday 14th
The Gills scored 5 goals in their final home match after managing 6 in the previous 9 home games. Home and away they had managed 6 goals in their previous 10 matches.

Tuesday 15th
Portsmouth was the biggest draw for Gills fans last season. The largest home game came against them (8,163) and the most Gills fans away were at Fratton Park (1,551). The most away fans at Priestfield was 2,358 from Charlton.

Wednesday 16th
Elliott List played 1,665 minutes for the Gills without scoring any goals. His last two matches, in which he made substitute appearances totalling just 21 minutes, saw him score 2 goals.

Thursday 17th
10 of Josh Parker's 12 goals this season have come in winning games (scoring in 9 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat). The games he played but didn't score in saw 7 wins, 16 draws and 15 defeats. Tom Eaves scored 11 of his 18 goals in wins (8 wins, 4 draws and 1 defeat).

Friday 18th
The Gills scored just 8 goals all season in the first 10 minutes of games and Josh Parker got 5 of them! The others came from Cundle, O'Neill and Byrne.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: w/c 12th May 2018

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun May 13, 2018 11:02 am

PPPSSSTTT, garawa, ppppssssttttttt ,over here ,over here in the left bottom corner under the word options..........HHHHHIIIIIIII. I think probably theres only you and me on here now the seasons over, all a bit boring isn't it....( hums a song to himself ),you going to the Royal Wedding, no me neither, think my invitation got lost in the post ??
Are you going to watch the Shrewsbury / Charlton game later ,just think a couple, Ok five more wins and that could have been us. I know 5 wins seems a lot but we had so many draws, (17 highest in the Division) a win every here and there and we would have been home and dry and still playing.
Oh well not much to do today, been raining all weekend, it's Mothers Day here so of course all the brow beaten Dads are staying home today, bit wet for golf anyway, good day to sit in, drink beer and watch footie.
I have sent Peter a small box,it should be there later this week, only a few bits and pieces in it, all marked with names, if you guys would be kind enough to hand them out at the Gillingham Dinner Dance Ball to people that are there,or hang on to them if you see the people at home games I would appreciate it.
Hope we will be on here real soon celebrating some new signings, pray that win against Plymouth hasn't made Scally believe we have a team thats ready to go and push for promotion next season.
OK have a great summer, talk during the off season, see ya.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Tue May 15, 2018 5:06 pm

Ha ha, OK Chicago. I put the chopsticks in the motorhome so when we have a Chinese away from home it is more special and authentic (we don't use them at home). Trouble is, we haven't had a Chinese yet. I wonder what this years treats are ha ha. You really shouldn't have.

Yes I think the board will go quiet and apologies for the delay, 2 more weeks of uni and I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeee. World Cup here I come!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:29 am

Hi Motor Home Monty, quick question, it's finally stopped raining and blowing a gale so were off to play golf today,thank goodness. OK is there any site you know of that says what time games are on for the WC, I have looked but am unable to find anything. Thanks buddy.
gillsfan1066

Return to Fact of the Day