w/c 11th May 2024

Along with match facts, Fact of the Day is originally posted on twitter (follow @Gills_Stats for these and more) as well as here for non-twitter users.

w/c 11th May 2024

Postby Garawa » Thu May 09, 2024 10:09 pm

Saturday 11th
AFC Wimbledon were both the highest foulers (621) in the league and winners of the fewest fouls (428) but despite this, they neither had the most in a game nor the fewest. Most fouls won in a game was the 24 for MK Dons whilst the Gills highest was 19 with 4 as the fewest.

Sunday 12th
The most consecutive league wins for the Gills was 4. 7 sides managed fewer concurrent wins with Grimsby being the only side not to follow up a win with another straight after.

Most consecutive wins in League 2:
Stockport 12
Doncaster 10
Barrow 7

Monday 13th
The longest league unbeaten run for the Gills this season was 4 including a spell where they won all 4. It is the joint second shortest run in the division with only Forest Green (2) managing fewer.

Longest unbeaten run in League 2:
Barrow 14
Stockport 13
Doncaster 12

Tuesday 14th
The most consecutive league defeats for the Gills this season was 2. MK Dons were the only League 2 side to lose 1 game without losing again in the following game (they then lost both playoff games!)

Most consecutive defeats in League 2:
Newport 8
Sutton 7
Forest Green 6

Wednesday 15th
The longest run without a win in League 2 this season was Forest Green's 15 match run of draws and losses. Sutton and Salford had the next highest winless run of 11 games followed by MK Dons' 9. The Gills' 4 games before their next win was the 2nd best total, 1 more than Wrexham.

Thursday 16th
League 2 home table (Points won from 23 home games and home wins): 3rd placed Mansfield started the season unbeaten in 11 home games, winning 6 of them. Despite that, they were 5 points and 3 wins off the amount earned by the best home League 2 side Wrexham.
League 2 away table (Points won from 23 away games and away wins). 9th placed Bradford secured the same number of away points (and 1 more win) than 2nd placed Wrexham. The Gills were the 10th best away side in League 2 and 13th at home.
Screenshot 2024-05-13 200837.jpg

Friday 17th
After 23 games up to the halfway stage of League 2, Stockport, Wrexham and Mansfield were 1-2-3 respectively and the positions in which they ended the season. The biggest losers were Accrington (dropping from 9th to 17th) and Notts County (from 7th to 14th).
Doncaster were the 18th best side over the first 23 games but were the clear best over the final 23, winning twice the number of games as they did in the first half of the season and 2 more than champions Stockport. Barrow narrowly lost out on the playoffs being the 19th best.
Screenshot 2024-05-13 205151.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: w/c 11th May 2024

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:19 am

No criticism or anything , but for someone who didn't have time to do the last game of the season ,you seem to have hours on your hands at this time to write things none of us give too hoots about now the season is over.
gillsfan1066

Re: w/c 11th May 2024

Postby Garawa » Thu May 16, 2024 5:55 pm

Some do. Many don't. It's something I have done on Twitter for years and I find them useful to look back on here if needed.

As for the final game, I made it very clear that game wouldn't be a round as it rarely is (a little exclusive for you, next season will probably end the game before as well unless we might potentially be in party mode)! I like to relax and enjoy the final game after spending most games busy with updates and all sorts. I had a few drinks after and was busy the next day so, had it gone down to the wire, no one would have known the results for over a week!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to Fact of the Day