Am I getting old or are our courts really becoming a joke

Discussion relating to anything not football related

Re: Am I getting old or are our courts really becoming a jok

Postby Elgrande » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:14 am

Surely he should have been sacked for malicious intent. Isn't it funny that people are so even tempered and understandingly correct in some cases, but vehemently vocal when the opposite (but equal) happen. My working patch encompasses South and Southeast London and in many places the atmosphere is intimidating and toxic at best. The local white residents are in most cases scared to speak out and often feel marginalised and under represented. The majority of people who seem to espouse racial harmony tend to live in areas with a much lower ethnic presence and always have stories from friends to back up their views, but very seldom spend time in places like Catford, Peckham, Hoxton, Stamford Hill, Tottenham etc to see the other side of the story. As soon as one side or the other gets different / preferential treatment it causes resentment. It seems we are always trying to make up for the past, but choose the past to concentrate on. As soon as someone plays the race, homophobe card it seems that the accused is guilty until proven innocent, but reverse the complaint and it has to be proven beyond reasonable doubt.
Elgrande

Postby Poshgill » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:50 am

Do you think sacking him would have stood up in an Employment tribunal? I don't think so. You can only dismiss someone for Gross Misconduct and malicious intent would not constitute that. However, if he had continued to report maliciously, then I could have sacked him for misconduct as he had failed to obey to the rules and would thus have breached his contract of employment.

Interesting you speak of the white residents being marginalised in areas of the south east. I work very closely with a black woman who has moved from Lewisham to MK for a better quality of life. She says that the social deprivation and conditions in London are not ideal for raising a family. She reckons that the problems are not just racial but are a much wider thing. In fact she says the white youth are as bad as the black youth (and she is quite forcful in her views of the black kids in Lewisham). So, I suspect it is not just white people that are marginalised as you suggest but it is probably the hard-working people that are marginilised by the under class.
Poshgill

Postby Elgrande » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:18 pm

Malicious intent is not gross misconduct? Good grief! Is making a racist comment?
Elgrande

Postby Poshgill » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:28 pm

No. Not necessarily.
Poshgill

Postby Rimshot » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:20 pm

ElGrande, are you a member of the BNP or the English Defence League ? It's a question I ask because so much of the stuff you post could have been written by Martin Webster.
Rimshot

Postby Elgrande » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:55 pm

No Rimshot i am not, nor never have been. How are things in rural Bucks? Lots of "Blues" parties, gang crime etc? To view your concerns is not racist, but many try to make it so. There is a silent majority who never bother to vote anymore because no one is brave enough to tackle many of their concerns. I have always had a diverse selection of acquaintances, but many areas are now near to breaking point because people run scared from the race issue. I drive through these areas weekly, deal with the residents who are trapped in homes that no one wants to buy and have seen places decline and change over the last 20+ years. There is no happy mixing of cultures, just fear and resentment on both sides and all because the same people who can see nothing wrong in an unemployed family recieving more than the average (£35,000) wage in benefits get on their hind legs when any blame is laid on an immigrants doorstep.
Elgrande

Postby Elgrande » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:27 pm

Oh Dear; it seems that being a member of UKIP means you can't be a Foster parent according to the Labour Party. Can someone please explain.
Elgrande

Postby Poshgill » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:55 am

Please get your facts right Elg. This decision has absolutely nothing to do with the Labour party either nationally or locally. It is not policy it was decision taken by someone in the Social Services department. I doubt very much if it was just a knee-jerk decision though. I suspect that they know more about the case than we do.
Poshgill

Postby Garawa » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:53 am

Not so sure Posh. The official statement given by the spokesperson said that the children were in no danger but removed with their long term care in mind and that being a member of UKIP marginalised certain sectors of the community.

Now I detest UKIP, particularly Nigel Farage. I understand why people feel they are an option but I don't see any radicalisation in them, all I see is hypocrisy in having EU members and taking the money despite being deadly against it.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Poshgill » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:56 am

No Gary. Absolutely nothing to do with Labour. Certainly not official policy. In fact the leader of Rotherham council (Labour ) has called for an immediate enquiry as to why Social Services made this decision without referring it to the council.
Poshgill

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Football Discussion