The Hidden Hungry on TV

Discussion relating to anything not football related

Re: The Hidden Hungry on TV

Postby Poshgill » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:49 pm

So your daughter is a talented musician. She's obviously not a drummer then!

History is a fantastic degree. Good for her. That is the sort of degree that any prospective employer will look at when recruiting graduates. (Unless she wants to become a plumber or something!)

I also hope she has a wonderful time. My son had a great time at uni. The experience of his time their has helped to make him the well rounded individual he is now.
Poshgill

Postby Rimshot » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:07 pm

Hi Posh, you're right she's not ! Piano and guitar.
Rimshot

Postby Elgrande » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Jumped to conclusions there Rimshot. Sounds like a sensible degree which will if applied properly assist her in a career in the future. As for visiting the USA; Oh well. My point about working was more that fewer students look for work in the holidays or whilst at Uni. A mate of mine still works in recruitment and says he gets less enquiries from students now than when we worked together 12+ years ago which is strange as there are twice as many students now.
Elgrande

Postby Kezz » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:18 pm

I, for one, am fed up of the sweeping generalisations of many older people when it comes to the youth of today. The vast majority are amazing young people and if society keeps telling them that the education that they strive for to make their futures better, are worthless, then what does that say about our society? It says we are willing them to fail. If they fail, who's there to look after you when you are old and incapable of doing it yourself?
Kezz

Postby Elgrande » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:06 pm

No one has said it is worthless; just that some of the ill thought out and sweeping changes made to education was not to the benefit of all. The previous government did not think through "University for All" because it does not suit for all. Also I am sorry Kezz, but there are too many youngsters that refuse to take "lesser" jobs nowdays because in this instant society they want it all now. There are many chefs that started out as Kitchen Porters, Restaurant/Hospitality mangers that were waiters, bar staff or glass collectors to start with. How many want to be mechanics, Plumbers, painters and decoraters? In years gone by youngsters would learn a trade and not just by being apprentices as it offered them a chance of a good living. Not everyone can be academic, a celebrity or a trader.
Elgrande

Postby Kezz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:15 pm

That's not just a young person's problem, as nor obviously are sweeping statements.
Kezz

Previous

Return to Non-Football Discussion