Where are you from?

Discussion relating to anything not football related

Where are you from?

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:33 pm

I thought I would start a thread on where everyone is from.I did this thread on the official board a few years back.I have lived near Faversham for all my 25 years,I lived in Oare for 21 Years,but once me and Sarah had our Daughter,we moved in to Faversham a Flat near the rec.We then needed a bigger place once my son was born and for the last four years we have lived in Ospringe.We`re looking to move back to Oare as I love the place and it`s "home" for me,and is closer to my Mum and my Daughters School.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Re: Where are you from?

Postby Garawa » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:49 am

I lived in Faversham all my life until we moved a few miles outside when we got our first house. Both my parents dislike football and I never had a TV in my room until I went out to work so got into football quite late, eventually being "called" by the Gills around 1997-ish. Once work became quite intensive going to games became very difficult even though I was transferred to the town! The company went bust when our little boy was 5 months old so now I had the time but not the money and started keeping stats etc as a hobby to keep me sane looking after a baby all day!!! Fortunately it led to me commentating on matchdays so I get to see every game!

I would love to hear how some of our Hong Kong / Aussie / Kiwi etc ex-pat users came to be where they are now!!!!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby mark8364 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:54 am

Born in Gillingham!! Enough said!!
mark8364

Postby CadburyMan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:31 pm

Coulsdon (near Croydon) originally; Chatham; York and now Alrewas in Staffs
CadburyMan

Postby lidbid46 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:07 pm

Born in Hackney within sight and sound of White Heart Lane so fanatical Spurs fan in my youth. Went to most home and a fair few away games following the Spurs. Parents moved to Stanmore, (end of Jubilee line), lived there until Uni. Searching for jobs after Uni lead me to Rochester and curiosity of local football let me find the Gills in 1979. Still keep a bit of an eye on Spurs, but that interest was quickly eclipsed by a love for Gills and lower league football is so much more interesting and rewarding than the Prem these days anyway.
lidbid46

Postby Elgrande » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:48 am

Born in Strood, Lived in Bridgewood, now in Maidstone or as it is now known Gallaghers Poland
Elgrande

Postby Goalmouth » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Born in Chatham, now live in Ashford. In the interim have lived in Wimbledon, Surbiton, Kingston and Maidstone.
Goalmouth

Postby RobGFC2008 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:47 pm

Born in Linden Road, Gillingham, parents moved to Rainham at six months (didn't know about it at the time!) Now near maidstone after interim Hoo, Rochester and Strood.
Finally went back to my home cave when I was 12 after '66 WC after much pestering.

That reminds me, that I was desperately listening to the final on my tranny (am I still allowed to say that?) when Dad was driving back from holiday in Corwall with mum and bro', having to keep turning it to keep the signal. At half time he stopped for a pint at the Rising Sun in Halling(no longer there) ... no i couldn't believe it either! we got home and grabbed my mums door key, turned the tv on and the 2minute wait for it to warm up was agony but it came on just as KW uttered those immortal words" They think it's all over ... it is now"
RobGFC2008

Postby Elgrande » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:46 pm

I live in Spain and I hate to say my love of the Gills is fading a bit. No atmosphere, negative fans and disgraceful stewarding has made it very hard to keep the faith. Add to that my country is now basically a shivering wreck of PC and cowards who will not say what most people think. A country that doesn't value the over 50's and basically believes that those that do an ordinary job no longer have the right to a home.
Elgrande

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:29 am

Born in Gillingham a couple of miles from Priestfield Road, now live in Chicago Illinois USA. Lived ( as in had a house or an apartment for more than 6 months or a year) in Dubai, Cairo, Kenya, Seychelles (went for 3 weeks on business stayed for 6 months,got fired from the job) H K, Singapore.Bangkok, Indonesia, Australia,still look at the Gills score at 4 .45 pm every Saturday no matter what time zone I am in .
Only follow the Gills through this site,will always be a Gills supporter, but find it hard not to cheer for any London team playing in European competitions,had the dream for a few years that Gillingham might be one of those teams , but alas the rose tinted spectacles fell off many many years ago, I think about the time we played Port Vale for the 429th time.
Last edited by gillsfan1066 on Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gillsfan1066

Next

Return to Non-Football Discussion