Banner

Discussion relating to anything not football related

Banner

Postby brb » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:16 pm

Gary, I have realised we do not have a banner on this site. Do you have the function to be able to display one?
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
brb

Re: Banner

Postby Garawa » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:22 pm

Do you mean like a Gills badge and colours across the top?

If so, I am deliberately trying to avoid anything that someone might say in the future the site must go as it breaches copyright etc. Also, when setting this up, I held my breath for a few hours and now its up and running am kind of happy to let it stand as it is. I backup the files and database now and again and anything outside of the standard template can cause issues if something goes wrong! I have been putting off rooting my phone for fear of the consequences but need to to try soon, maybe when I actually figure out how all this works fully I may brave it and experiment!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby brb » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:41 pm

To give you an idea, please have a look at this site that a Sunderland guy I know independently set up on his own....http://www.sunderlandmad.com/ (some content might be unsuitable for young readers).

You will note that it is also phpBB board. He knows me, so I can contact him, when and if you decide to try anything like this in the future.
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
brb

Postby Garawa » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:54 pm

I have had some, ahem, little pointers about keeping it low key to start with. As it grows and we get more on board we will be a bigger force but using any sort of logo or player image breaches copyright and therefore could pose a problem. We all know how Mr Scally can be a bit, er, excitable in these matters!

Also, if the site ever crashed, a non standard one like the board you show which take much longer to repair whereas a standard one could be back up and running within minutes (peace of mind for me)! Not saying I wont as I get more aware but for the time being simple sounds a lot better for the time being!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Snackboyslim » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:27 pm

Does exactly what it says on the tin for me Garawa.
Gillingham FC Forum.
Snackboyslim

Return to Non-Football Discussion