Tour de Kent

Discussion relating to anything not football related

Tour de Kent

Postby Kezz » Mon May 06, 2013 9:42 pm

Those of you living in Kent, Medway especially, should be hearing lots about this via the media. On the 25-27th May 2013, a group of friends, who all met via the old message board, will be cycling along with legends from the world of GFC, to raise money for 2 charities. 1st one being C-R-Y ( Cardiac Risk in the Young) an amazing charity that tests youngsters for underlying heart problems, finding and saving at least 2 young lives a week. The 2nd one is Take Heart - Mercy Mission, which sends Doctors to Sri Lanka to perform heart surgery on babies.
The challenge is to cycle 200 miles around Kent, visiting most of our Football grounds, starting at our beloved Gillingham and eventually, 3 days later, returning to the Mighty Gills via places like, Sittingbourne, Dover, Maidstone, Tonbridge Angels, Ebbsfleet etc.

It's a challenge that hopefully will raise lots of money to help save young lives.

Please donate what you can.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundrai ... sTeam=true

Many thanks in advance.
Kezz, Dave, RobP, Posh, Mick1966 and Welease Woddy.
Kezz

Re: Tour de Kent

Postby CadburyMan » Tue May 28, 2013 10:15 am

Congratulations and thanks to the Last Waltzers on completing the Tour de Kent - a fantastic effort by each every one of them; take a well earned rest guys
CadburyMan

Postby Garawa » Tue May 28, 2013 12:07 pm

I second that, a wonderful achievement. I had hoped to see you all at the end but the weather was good so we didn't come home early like we had every late May bank holiday Monday for years!!!! Absolutely marvelous, the weather could not have worked out any better at all. Still cannot work out why you all seemed to enjoy it! You should have spent 3 days watching Millwall v Swindon games, THAT would be a feat!!! lol
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:15 am

Well done everyone!
lidbid46

Postby Kezz » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:08 pm

Cheers Guys, I can easily say it's one of the hardest things I've ever done, but I will be signing up for next year. Nice to have some younger Gills and ex Gills players along for the ride, as well as Legends like Hess, Patto and Darren Hare, What an inspiration he is to come back for 2 near fatal heart attacks to complete the TdK.

Organiser and top man Roger Maddams thinks we've raised in the region of £50k. Amazing work! Thank you everyone who donated. Very humbling. xx
Kezz

Return to Non-Football Discussion