Mr Lidbid only, oh and OK snackboy to..

Discussion relating to anything not football related

Mr Lidbid only, oh and OK snackboy to..

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:44 pm

What a win 4-0, good old Scally, hell did I say that ? lol. Ok long boring story about the drink the Pink Squirrel lol. It's all rite for you , you can go to the boozer and talk about todays game, heck if your really in a good mood and all ready been to the boozer you could even talk to Mrs. Lidbid for a while. Yes dear, I know ,wonderful woman you have ther Mr. L. Humour her snackboy, she gets mean after a glass of port. Me I am stuck here not able to play golf, rain falling from the heavens, no football on TV because of the Internationals, her in bed with a mild dose of flue and man is she laying it on thick, I am beginning to think my name is 'Get Me" so I will annoy you instead, lol.
I had a buddy who was a retired Green Beret instructor when I lived in Hong Kong. Very mild mannered guy, only about 5' 10, but was like a black belt 5th Dan or what ever it is called and as strong as a horse.
For fun ( OK, OK my life has always been boring ,OK I know it ), anyway we would go to a pub in Stanley where the elite of the British Army were barracked in nearby Fort Stanley and they all went drinking in this British pub. These guys were all Scots Guards, Queen 's Own , Welsh whatever's ,best of the best of the best so to speak, all about 6 ft 4 , 250lbs.
My buddie would go to the bar order a Sherry and then ask the guys standing around if they wanted a sherry or maybe the infamous PINK SQUIREL ,( Pink Squirrel drink made with Creme de Noyaux, White Creamede Cacao and a light cream ), Mrs L. would love it I am sure. Of course there was always one that would" bite", always one that wanted to break his face in two, lol.
Now somehow and I assume it was the beer I had drunk and a shot or two, my part in the fiasco came next. It was quite simple, I had to jump in between the two of them that were by now standing toe to toe , say he didn't mean it, he was sorry, been drinking, just a bit of fun, look at the difference in your sizes and look how old he is, then close my eyes and wait for the pain.
Over the years I have always found that it never seems to hurt as much if you don't see the punch comming.
Crisis diverted, we sit down then I go to the bar order a drink and start to wind killer up, tell him that my mate is real strong, and how lucky it was a fight did not happen. Normally only took maybe 5 minutes to get the bets on, simple strength test, press ups, you go first Mr. Scott's Guard or who ever. He would do maybe 30 or 50 his buddies all cheering him on, lol,lol, then my buddy would drop to the floor, take five minutes to do maybe 30 press up, wowing the crowd with this pathetic performance, then as he got towards the target number he would suddenly turn it on, one handed, changing hands, clapping, hands on back, press ups using just fingers and thumbs, press ups going so fast it was unbelievable, then after he had blown Corporal Johnny out of the water, jump up stand to attention, salute, introduce himself in this booming voice , Joe Blow Sergeant First Class Green Berets, ATTENTION.
Lol,lol, I guess you had to be there to get the full effect, but then he would collect his winnings and buy drinks all round and everyone would stand around getting more and more drunk and tell stories till closing time.
Well I warned you it was going to be boring didn't I snackboyslim liked it,yeah I know he has had a few already and has no idea what I am talking about ,lol, and Mrs. Lidbid, oh good grief wake the woman up befor she falls off the chair.
Have a great rest of the day, hope you enjoyed being at the game as much as I enjoyed reading the "scrolls". Great win which ever way you "saw" it.
See ya, Steve.
gillsfan1066

Re: Mr Lidbid only, oh and OK snackboy to..

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:32 pm

As usual, very entertaining post, even though I have no idea what you are on about! Anyway, loved the game this afternoon - we were clinical in the first half and just in control in the second half. It was, "just like watching Brazil!" I really hope we keep David Wright for another loan period as he had another calm and influential game in front of the back four. People don't notice him, as MA said during the week, but I think he has made a real difference to our team since he joined. My MOM today, closely followed by Weston. I never agree with the official MOM, although Barret had a good game as well. Just a word on Nelson; he is the real deal; the best keeper we have had for years. He didn't have much to do today, but he made a couple of fantastic saves to keep our clean sheet and he is the major reason that we have conceeded so few goals so far this season. I am generally too optimistic when it comes to the Gills but I now feel very excited by this squad. The reserve players today where all people who could easily have a starting position and you wouldn't have been able to say that over the last few seasons. Already looking forward to the next game!!
lidbid46

Return to Non-Football Discussion