TRUMP

Discussion relating to anything not football related

TRUMP

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:54 am

Hey Bunbury don't say I didn't tell you, I got on board when Trump was 33/1 , I sure hope I can find that ticket, lol,lol.
gillsfan1066

Re: TRUMP

Postby Garawa » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:04 pm

And I thought the Brexit vote looked unlikely. 2016 has turned out the exact opposite to what I thought it would!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:26 am

The working man who goes to footie on a Saturday afternoon, who goes to the local bar where beer and crisps are sold as opposed to wine and something from France that he has no idea what it is, has suddenly found a voice.
Same guy that can finally say something thats " not proper" but just about everyone else has wanted to say it ,who can say he doesn't think that men should be able to use the female rest rooms because they " THINK " they might really want to be a woman, or that it's not right that someone can arrive in the country and within a week have his rent paid, his food stamps given to him, who can bring his parents into the country for a " vacation ", and OH while his Pops is here the first place he goes is to the hospital for days and days of free treatment, and who has two children in two years, buys a new car has a " job " where he pays no taxes, gets Government hand outs for everything ?
Now what will Trump do now, my guess is next to nothing, he might be the next President of the country ,but his own party does not like him, any chances he has of passing bills that he said he would pass are not going to happen.
Yeah there going to give him trillions to build a wall across the Mexican border........NOT, there going to pass a bill to bring all the manufacturing companies that moved to China and India back her to the USA, lol, ........, NOT, and as for tax breaks, lol, yeah lets stop paying taxes, guess we will just print more money, lol, ask the Germans how well that went in 1919, lol.
The World is now a Global Market, Trump started his campagne with "good ideas" then somewhere along the way decided to go back to being a reality TV star, confusing being President of the USA with trying to become as popular as America's First Family............. The Kardashian's.
Trump made promises he can not possibly keep, my bet is he will be a one term President and then out.
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:59 pm

That will be more than enough - a President who operates policy via Wikileaks and Twitter.
Rimshot

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:52 pm

Can you say scary, lol , I swear I have no idea whats going to happen, this guy is a modern day Caligula, thinks he can run the country on his own, he doesn't need any advice from anyone, like I say scary, very scary, only thing s that I think his own party will stop him doing anything stupid, I F 'ing hope so, lol.
gillsfan1066

Postby Elgrande » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:18 pm

They often say that the electorate gets the leader they deserve. Maybe a country who beleives when they are under attack the whole world must join them, but when it happens elsewhere in the world it is "stuff them". A Country who leaves low income workers without ant health care and thinks that is OK. A country who has spent 60 years making up with money and turning a blind eye to atrocities for the holocaust, but refuses to accept their genocide of the original inhabitants of their country. Trump hates the rest of the world and the majority of the USA seems to agree.
Elgrande

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:54 am

Hahaha, I know you, your Wolfie Smith , with battles to fight and rights to right, lol.
gillsfan1066

Postby bunburygills » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:30 am

Just for interest, what percentage of the population voted? Personally I find it hard to have sympathy with all the people complaining about Trump or Brexit when huge numbers can't be bothered to spend the few minutes to vote.
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:30 am

Totaly 100 % agree, seems the turnout for this election was the lowest for years , people didn't like Clinton and were fed up with politicians running the country and only interested in looking after themselves,andTrump promised them something different,lets see what he can do before we stone him.
Total number of people that could vote,...........230,000,000
People that did vote...................................130,000,000

Clinton probably got 2 million more votes than Trump but lost the Electoral College Vote. It doesn't matter how many people vote as much as where you vote. You might get every vote from every town in WA, say 10,000 people vote for your party , but 500 people in say Perth vote for me and my candidates , I will be President not you, because there are say 10 reps in for Perth and say 2 for the rest of the State because 90 % of the population live in that South West corner.
gillsfan1066

Postby lidbid46 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:55 pm

Sounds like the rules to one of Gary's games! No one understands those either!
lidbid46

Next

Return to Non-Football Discussion