Please help/share if possible

Discussion relating to anything not football related

Please help/share if possible

Postby swanleygill » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:24 am

Hi all, I hate for this to be my first post here, I am a regular on the Gillsconnect forum under the same name Swanleygill, I am posting here hoping for some help in any form, donations, sharing, spreading the word, from one gills fan to another.

Thank You

On Wednesday 16th March at 9.40am my car was hit by an apparently stolen motorbike at Bonney Way, Swanley, Kent, BR8 7BL the bike came flying out of Pemberton gardens straight in to my car, i had my 6 year old in the car as was on way back from taking him to GP appointment, Rider was injured, ambulance and police called, in the 15 minutes it took them to arrive a mystery friend of the rider turned up, picked up the bike, dragged friend off the floor, straddled him on to bike and made off, when police arrived they pretty much could not give a toss, a week later police tell me no further action from them due to lack of evidence.

The bikes Insurer AXA PRIVATE are REFUSING my 3rd party claim because they are saying the bike was stolen so there policy holder cannot be liable, even though the policy holder has been evasive and acting oddly throughout the last 2 weeks apparently. I think something dodgy is going on but they are just hoping i bugger off.

I have now put in a claim via the MIB which is a complete joke considering that could take from 3 months to 2 years, i don't have 2 years to wait, i have 2 children under 6 years old, one of which is undergoing testing for ASD, Dispraxia, GSD etc.... i need my car.

Initially i put a link up for a go fund me page to raise money toward a new car, i was not happy doing this, but desperate times call for desperate measures, i took the link down because it felt like begging but i have to do something so I have put the link up again, even if i can just get a little to repair my car, I have phoned round different scrap yards etc... and the cost for parts will be in the region of £300 assuming there is no other damage to suspension or frame etc.....

So, again, i don't expect it, but if anyone can, even if just £1 - 300 people giving £1 will mean i can buy the bits to think about getting my car on the road again, so if you can, please

[url]gofundme.com/ynvuz7gk[/url]

gofundme.com/ynvuz7gk
swanleygill

Re: Please help/share if possible

Postby Garawa » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:36 am

That's awful. Hope you get it sorted soon.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Please help/share if possible

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:34 am

Go see a lawyer, keep pushing, if your not getting the answers you want keep turning up and making a nuisance of yourself. but you need to see a lawyer NOW.
Section 170 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 is on your side, you must have the drivers info ,if he did not give it to you then he broke the law, call a lawyer NOW, or ask to see a senior officer at the police station and find out why the case is not being followed up ??
gillsfan1066

Return to Non-Football Discussion