Rugby World Cup

Discussion relating to anything not football related

Rugby World Cup

Postby Garawa » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:32 pm

Isn't the world cup being branded as "England 2015"? At least I keep seeing England on lanyards etc. So exactly why is the Millenium stadium being used and why are Wales playing there? Did we not have enough stadia or are the organisers giving them an extra chance? When Euro 2016 kicks off over the water can England play their games at Wembley then? ;-)
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Rugby World Cup

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:25 am

Oh for Gods sake it's bloody Rugby, next you will be complaining that Dancing with the Stars is being held in London to near the Hammersmith Palais where the English dance instructors learned to Boogie.
gillsfan1066

Postby Rimshot » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:13 am

I'm a fan of most proper team sports,Rugby included. England, unfortunately won't qualify out of the group stage . The only small comfort in that being the temporary brake on Ruby bores banging on about the superiority of English RU over Football.
Rimshot

Postby Garawa » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:21 pm

That winds me up too! I wonder how many fans attend both because otherwise viewing figures are well off!! The other annoying thing is when they say football is for .... (naughty word we won't use here) who like to cuddle each other when they score a goal (I have this a few times). SERIOUSLY?! Rugby is spent with the majority of the match chasing a player to pull him over or with your naughty bits on top of someone's head! If that's what floats the upper classes boat then they are welcome to it!

Chicago I know it doesn't matter, but it gives an unfair advantage. If they marketed it as England & Wales 2015 it would be totally different.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to Non-Football Discussion