What's the point of supporting a cricket club?

Discussion relating to anything not football related

Re: What's the point of supporting a cricket club?

Postby lidbid46 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:06 am

Just around the corner from the club!
lidbid46

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:14 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0323wlm

Cricket Commentator David Lloyd believes that we play too much Cricket at County Championship Level and he believes that sixteen match a season is too much.

If that really is the case and the league's should be smaller then we could see three divisions in The County Game as follows.........

County Championship - Division One

Yorkshire
Middlesex
Warwickshire
Nottinghamshire
Durham
Sussex

County Championship - Division Two

Somerset
Hampshire
Worcestershire
Surrey
Lancashire
Essex

County Championship - Division Three

Northamptonshire
Gloucestershire
Glamorgan
Derbyshire
Kent
Leicestershire

Perhaps Three Divisions where everyone plays ten games is better then two divisions where everyone plays sixteen matches.

What does everyone think about this ???
fan_of_mulligan

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:29 am

We have just beat the Aussies like a red headed step child, and today we are about to beat them again in the One Day Matches, what more does Mr boring Lloyd want, more days vacation I guess he has made his money and wants more time to spend it, he is on the cricket channel every second of everyday. I think we need less David Lloyd and more Richie Benaud , even a stuffed Richie B sitting in the booth and us listening to a recording of a 20 year old match is better than Captain Beaky on a good day.
As for putting Kent in the "third division" I suggest Ms Fanny Mulligan you stop worrying about things that don't concern you and get back in the kitchen and do what you do best , get my supper cooking woman, when I come home I expect to see something on the table and I don't mean you and a full moon.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:02 am

Ok I may be taking back the win this one today, Jesus England are bad.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:32 pm

More scope to catch up with games would be good. I just can't get into cricket when I see so many games "drawn" because a bit a drizzle fell at 2pm! It seems they are trying to fit in so many more forms of the game that lengthy matches will have to be reduced to accommodate them all.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Rimshot » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:54 pm

I would support the three division option if only because Kent might actually succeed in Div 3. The county turned in a profit last year but cant 'afford' even one outstanding oversea player. On the positive side, Bell-Drummond, Northeast and Billings now beginning to fulfil their potential.
Rimshot

Postby phil38 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:57 pm

not much
phil38

Postby phil38 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:12 pm

Garawa wrote:I saw on Sky Sports News yesterday that Pieterson will play his last club game before going to play in something else. I know many go and play in the IPL and clubs can lose their best players for weeks when on International duty so it begs the question, why does anyone support a cricket club when they know many of their best players will probably play only a handful of matches! Can you imagine that happening at the Gills?

Well whats the point of supporting a football club when we know any footballer will leave as soon as someone offers them more money
phil38

Postby Garawa » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:10 pm

But the difference is they don't come and go as they please. At least they generally stay for a year or two, not up and leave after 4 months, play for somebody else for 2 months then come back again when you might have lost a few games without them! It would be like Dack playing elsewhere and returning again in April!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Previous

Return to Non-Football Discussion