The Long Summer

Discussion relating to anything not football related

The Long Summer

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:22 pm

What will you all be doing during the Summer with no Football? I will probably do stuff with the kids on Saturday`s,and we`re going to Blackpool in the Summer.I will watch Wimbledon on the TV as usual as well.Roll on pre-season :lol:.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Re: The Long Summer

Postby Rimshot » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:36 am

Watching cricket, bloody gardening, enjoying the last weeks of my daughter's company before she goes to the 'states for a year, bloody gardening, playing in two rock bands ( not at the same time), bloody gardening, walking the dog, oh and a lot of bloody gardening.
Rimshot

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:54 pm

Oh yeah I forgot about the Gardening :( .
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby CadburyMan » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:52 pm

Mr Rimshot - sell the house and buy a flat - no more gardening - simples
CadburyMan

Postby Garawa » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:13 pm

Depends if all have sold leaving just the ground floor flat! Desperately trying to finish mine. Laid some grass but need some turf, training the grape over the kids play house, created the rockery border and when I finally sit down rubbing my hands it will be time to spend the next year of my life weeding the borders ready for the bedding plants. I HATE gardening! Worth it though when you sit in a hot summers day and watch (I counted) 34 butterflies on the buddleia all at once!

I intend to spend any free time (the hour or so a day) finally catching up with all the tasks I set myself to do! That includes finishing digitising our history. Which reminds me, does anyone have copies of matchday programmes from 1993/4, 1994/5 and 1995/6? I need a player list from any programme in those seasons as close to the end of the season as possible?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:55 pm

Mowing the lawn is a pain,no sooner have you cut it,it grows back!

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:19 pm

Paying the gardening service, man you got to love those Mexican guys, cut the grass, weed, plant and all for a few potatoes or what ever the money is called every couple of weeks, so I guess I will have to drag my butt to the golf course and play golf .
I only really go there to watch the guys cut the grass, weed the flower beds, prune the bushes, trim the trees, how I wish that dam service stopped coming into my garden and doing all that and left it for me to do, but without Emmaly here I have no way of communicating with them, they no speaky da English, so they just keep coming back and doing the gardening jobs I so long to do, haha. Buggers sure as hell knock a hole in my Tequila and a case of Corona though.
I asked her at home one time a couple of years back to try and stop the service, but she was busy dragging her sun bed into the garden, opening a bottle of wine,putting on her bikini and asking the young handsome one to put the sun tan lotion on her back for her, she said she was trying to learn Spanish so she could tell them we no longer need them, but she always looks so happy when I come home and they have been.
All smiles, feeling tired after laying in the sun for two hours, but happy, I guess watching all that work being done tires her out, must do,there is always so much grass on the bedroom carpet and she 's too tired to hoover it up, so I assume they are just going to keep coming back every week or two till she finally learns the lingo to stop them.
So for me my summer will be spent working, playing golf, watch the mighty Chicago Cubs win the World series, and go to some Chicago Fire soccer games , (didn't get season tickets this year) ,and hope the weather stays nice till late October,early November.
gillsfan1066

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Fri May 01, 2015 12:00 pm

I will be touring Wembley Stadium as I got a Wembley Stadium Tour for two as a Birthday Present, so I was always going to wait until the end of the season before deciding to use that Wembley Stadium Tour.

My Football Manager 2015 Career Mode with Bromley will fill the void of no Gillingham Matches to go to on the weekend, when there will be few rumours or transfer speculation stories to talk about.

And I might start playing Football again, I stopped over a year a go as PLAY Football was too expensive, but there was talk of our team making a come-back and it would be nice to do that again.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Fri May 01, 2015 2:53 pm

fan_of_mulligan wrote:I will be touring Wembley Stadium as I got a Wembley Stadium Tour for two as a Birthday Present, so I was always going to wait until the end of the season before deciding to use that Wembley Stadium Tour.

My Football Manager 2015 Career Mode with Bromley will fill the void of no Gillingham Matches to go to on the weekend, when there will be few rumours or transfer speculation stories to talk about.

And I might start playing Football again, I stopped over a year a go as PLAY Football was too expensive, but there was talk of our team making a come-back and it would be nice to do that again.

And job hunting Lee ;)

Kent_UckyFriedGills

Return to Non-Football Discussion