Cycling The 92

Discussion relating to anything not football related

Cycling The 92

Postby EdgarsGift92 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:19 pm

A friend from University and I will be taking on a gruelling challenge next summer in which we will be cycling to all 92 football league grounds, taking us throughout England and Wales and covering in excess of 2,400 miles.

We plan to do it in the quickest time we possibly can which is probably going to be just over a month after beginning on June 1st. This means we will be averaging nearly 78 miles a day with a few rest days along the way.

We are doing it for my friend’s family charity, Edgar's Gift, which supports young cancer sufferers aged 18-30 through buying them unique gifts/experiences to bring a little light into their ordeal.

The charity was formed after the passing of David (my friend doing the event with me) step-brother to an extremely rare form of cancer at the age of 25 back in 2010. Since forming we have now given out 46 gifts and hopefully this event can further our work significantly.

Any support from yourselves in the build-up to the event would be greatly appreciated and make a real difference. It would be great if you could follow our twitter page https://twitter.com/Edgarsgift Or like our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/Edgarsgift?fref=ts

Many Thanks

Alex Norman

Edgar's Gift

England and Wales Registered Charity Number (1141337)
EdgarsGift92

Re: Cycling The 92

Postby EdgarsGift92 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Please take a moment to read through the post and look at the huge challenge! All support will be much appreciated!
EdgarsGift92

Postby Kezz » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:10 am

Best of luck, I'm sure it'll be amazing.
Kezz

Postby Garawa » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:37 pm

Certainly wish you all the very best of luck. Some on here will also be undertaking (albeit a smaller challenge) a similar task and may possibly impede any fundraising efforts from here. I hope you achieve everything you hope to and more.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to Non-Football Discussion