Microsoft Technical Support Scam

Discussion relating to anything not football related

Microsoft Technical Support Scam

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:04 pm

http://www.computerworld.com/article/24%20...%20umers.html- Watch Out for this scam from people claiming to be from Windows Technical Support.

Just had a call from one of these today and they ask if you have got a Windows Computer "I said no I have got a MAC" Then they asked if my MAC Was Buisiness or personal "I said it was a bit of both" but once they started asking me for my age I put the hone down.

The call I got was from a person from India and they will sound really genuine so I urge everyone on here to be very cautious.
fan_of_mulligan

Re: Microsoft Technical Support Scam

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:05 pm

OK my vulnerable dear Ms. Mulligan, this is how it goes,if they phone you, you hang up,if you call them, you speak.
Never put your real name on sites like this, I have always been concerned about you using your real name Fanny Mulligan whilst not common it would not be difficult to track down,( well unless you live in Ireland then it would be impossible,) and one final thing, find the non emergency number of your local police station, Better Business Bureau, City Hall business complaints department and when anyone calls give them that number to call you back on.
Were lucky a branch of our local FBI office is in our building, we just always give callers that number .
gillsfan1066

Return to Non-Football Discussion