USA

Discussion relating to anything not football related

Re: USA

Postby CadburyMan » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:06 am

What's the old saying - "if you live by the sword then you die by the sword". You only have to swap swords for guns and you have America or so it seems.

As I suggested earlier in this thread it is probably far too late to influence this culture and things will never change. But in 6 months (hopefully not) there will be another incident somewhere, not necessarily in the US, and we will be having the same discussion; politicians will roll out the same rhetoric and nothing will change.
CadburyMan

Postby brb » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:02 pm

No matter how much I listen or read about the gun debate. I have to ask one question, I heard that the US gun rights lobby went on the offensive by suggesting putting an armed guard in every school.

Surely that statement in itself is an admittance of a failing in the gun laws?
True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
brb

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:22 am

Most of Chicago's Public Schools have got police (armed) in and around every school, also got a metal detector when you go in the doors and back packs have to be made of net so nothing can be hidden in it. Kids as young as 12 turn up with guns and they are not for show and tell, it's because they have been recruited by gangs and think nothing of carrying a piece and sadly using it.
There are many gangs here in the States where a new member has to stab an innocent person to gain admission, but I am preaching to the choir you have those problems in England as well.
I think that also a lot of English people do not realise that 20% the population of the USA do not live in Cities. Imagine you live in Cobham, get bussed to school in Rainham and the two police officers in your area look after a "beat" that stretches from Sittingbourne to Gravesend and to Tonbridge, can easily take 45 minutes for a police officer to turn up in the case of an emergency.
I think something is going to happen, the outrage is so great here and Obama is in his last term in office so he has nothing to loose. I think tougher gun laws will be in place by the spring, maybe making it very difficult to get Assault Weapons and the like.
Most of these are sold by a few rogue gun sellers, I think the Govt. will go after them in the beginning. It may not be much but it is a start. Of course what happens to the 400 billion of the dam things that are on the streets I do not know?
gillsfan1066

Postby Poshgill » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:57 am

It is actually illegal to own a dildo in Texas.

That probably explains why dildo related crime in Texas is very low.
Poshgill

Postby Snackboyslim » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:24 pm

Lol Posh,
'Armed with a weapon'....

They allow guns, as sensibally, they licence them for the safety of others.... But with dildo's, they know they'll be cumminig back for more again and again.

With such potential hAnus crimes, the powers that be would know that the vibrations would be felt worldwide, they couldn't possibly have that staining their reputation now could they??

Makes perfect sence to some... It clearly works well.

God bless the US of A.
Snackboyslim

Previous

Return to Non-Football Discussion