Last Game Before Christmas.

Discussion relating to anything not football related

Last Game Before Christmas.

Postby Kezz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:29 pm

Wishing each one of you a very merry Christmas, I hope it's filled with love and hope.

Looking forward to drinks with a few friends before the game tomorrow. Hope to see you then. Cricketers at 12ish

xx
Kezz

Re: Last Game Before Christmas.

Postby Elgrande » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:05 pm

A Very Merry Christmas to you Kezz and to all other boardsters. i won't be there tomorrow, but Senor Wobbly is going to the game. I will be paying a visit on Boxing Day, but because of the kick off time and lack of public transport it will be a fleeting visit.
Elgrande

Postby lidbid46 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:47 pm

Might get lost in the crowd; some sources say a sell out expected! Over 8000 tickets sold already!
lidbid46

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:06 pm

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours Kezz.
Saw high lights of the game yesterday evening ,looked like almost a full Priestfield except for one block at the Gillingham End ? ESPN has not got the numbers on their site for "League Pacesetters Gillingham FC " ( love reading that), perhaps the numbers on their calculators don't add up that high, lol.
Although York had a good win yesterday their home form is not that good, and to be honest Boxing Days game should be a goals fest for the Gills, playing a God awful Barnet side that could not hit a barn door from 10 make that 5 paces, and have what 1 away win all season ?
Big win ,Big win, play five forwards, 3 up at the half and Gills win 5-0. Tell Nelson to wear some warm clothes only thing he will have to do all day is lean on the post and drink a few hot toddies and signe autographs for the crowd.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kezz » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:29 pm

If only it went that way. Usually we get a bit casual when playing lower opposition and stuff it up! That paired with crowd apathy on Boxing day. But who knows? We might just play a blinder! ;)
Kezz

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:34 am

Lol, well well befor your time in a land far far away called the Fourth Division, oops sorry got carried away, lets say late 60's, , Gillingham would be shown maybe once or twice a year on I think it was called Southern TV, or maybe ITV South ?
Guarantee that they would have the best crowd of the season as they played I guess a" local" southern team like Exeter, maybe Aldershot or perhaps Southend and boy would they stink the joint up , lol, loose 4-1 or something, but going to the ground and seeing those couple of TV trucks parked outside, big black cables running everywhere ,wwoowwww, so exciting,lol, BIG TIME Gills lol.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kezz » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:18 am

My Grandad and his brothers all used to go to watch Gills, home and away, they always used to say that Gills did well til Christmas every year, then slipped away once the turkey went cold. One year, they just walked away and didn't go back,they go so fed up with it, that must have been the 60's as I can't remember him going to the game.
Kezz

Postby lidbid46 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:44 am

Please don't let that happen this season; it would be so disappointing after the first half. I am a little worried though - we haven't had an easy win for a while so it would be nice to have a couple over Christmas.
lidbid46

Postby Elgrande » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:58 pm

Not surprised about the flat atmosphere Boxing Day. Early kick off is really anti social and lack of transport means people just turn up at the game and then go straight home!
Elgrande

Postby CadburyMan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:01 am

But Christmas is not just about football - its about families too.

Though I do agree that early kick-offs do nothing to help build an atmosphere. Transport is not a help either but train/bus drivers are entitled to a break too - aren't they ??
CadburyMan

Next

Return to Non-Football Discussion