A new King?!

Discussion relating to anything not football related

Re: A new King?!

Postby Rimshot » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:44 pm

Rob, I'd like a fiver for every time you've used similar or worse epithets to describe all sorts of people on this board from politicians to homosexuals, to Liverpool fans and, oh yes, to people who vote Labour as 'Scum' .

I'm sorry but I have no respect for the Monarchy as an institution , neither do I have admiration or respect for people simply because of accidents of birth. is Charles not a space-cadet ? Is Edward not a dim-wit ? Does the Queen's delivery of her speeches fill you with with patriotic fervour ?

I respect your views and your right to express them Rob but in the use of colourful language I'm not about to take lectures from you.
Rimshot

Postby Robpthegills » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:03 pm

lol fair enough rimshot.

However I did not call all labour voters scum.

I have NEVER called any homosexuals names I have just said I do not agree with it.

Scousers?? I think your looking at the wrong boardster. I have talked about scousers but have not branded them all under one name. I have talked about individuals with regards to hillsborough and the fact they like to portray themselves as a separate people.

I was not trying to lecture you at anything, just pointing out why I reacted as I did because I think its harsh that a woman goes into hospital, a woman who has done nothing to hurt anyone and gets grief.

Why is edward dim? If anything he has tried to walk away from all the pomp and ceremony that a few people do not like.
Robpthegills

Postby Kezz » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:25 pm

All immaterial in light of today's tragedy.
Kezz

Postby Snackboyslim » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm sure we're discussing the same thing here Kez.

Isn't it heart warming that the Aussie DJ'S involved are 'sorry if they caused any issues'

How very sweet of them.

Prats.
Snackboyslim

Postby Poshgill » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:06 pm

Of course it is a tragedy that a young woman has taken her own life but it is apparent that there was no official complaint from William and Kate. We are all jumping to conclusions. We are assuming that she took her own life because of that happened. Obviously she was already in a dark place. Who can tell if the prank (which was idiotic in the extreme) pushed her over the edge. No one knows the poor girls state of mind.
Poshgill

Postby Snackboyslim » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:04 pm

Posh, I tend to agree, however, for the dj's to state that 'their sorry for causing any issues' is a tad crass,blunt and heartless to say the least.

I may have my wires crossed and they may have made their heartfelt statement before this happened. I hope so.

But the fact they carried out this 'prank' surely knowing it's about the most sensitive, private and guarded information that any authority hold on anyone, regardless of whether they're royalty or not, they must of known her job would be on the line hoping that she discloses such information.

Hope they lose their livelihoods.
Snackboyslim

Postby Kezz » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:22 pm

No doubt more was going on, rarely does someone do that, over one mistake at work, but I do think it was the last straw for her, poor lady. I hope that all radio stations do away with prank calls, they are cruel and cringeworthy to listen too.
Kezz

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:27 pm

Wow - been away from the board for a few days; I wish I had not bothered with my first post!
lidbid46

Postby steve347 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:38 pm

Who do you want as head of state?
The Crown, or some stooge President who will sell us down the river at the behest of the politicians, bankers and elite rich.
steve347

Postby lidbid46 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:42 pm

I'm a self-confessed royalist, very happy to have something which many other countries would give anything to have. Love the history and hope the status quo continues for ever!!
lidbid46

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Football Discussion