No tackling by 2020

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

No tackling by 2020

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:21 pm

By 2020 this game we call football will not be recognizable to anyone of my generation. There will be no tackling, every play will have to be stopped and reviewed to see if the players rolling on the ground in agony actually touched each other during the play, today I watched a "clash of heads" where they were so far apart I could have parked my car between them , and once inside the area all players will have to put there hands inside a muff ,( easy Lidbid ,easy lad, ) the sort of thing Victorian women wore in front of their coats in winter to keep their hands warm , to stop wrestling each other to the ground.
The fourth referee will be able to carry a Smith and Wesson .380 handgun to shoot the foul mouthed Managers who complain about every tackle and some producer in the TV production room will finally realize that young children are watching these games, so we don't need close up of overpaid children ,sorry players swearing and spitting at each other, you do not have to have a degree in special education for the deaf to lip read what their saying.
In the mean time GO GILLS, give us another few seasons in the Championship before the game is lost for ever.
gillsfan1066

Return to Football Discussion