Poor West Ham

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Poor West Ham

Postby Garawa » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:07 pm

Poor old West Ham, clearly going down!!!! What they need is someone good at keeping sides up, especially someone who used to play for the club. Anyone know what Martin Allen is up to these days? Ha ha. He did say he can manage in the Premier League one day!!!

Seriously, it seems the financial fair play rules seem to be hitting home now.The Hammers seem to have such little money they cannot bring in loan players to help replace the large numbers injured and even brought back a player they released after not being good enough and hadn't been snapped up by another club. Other clubs also seem to be very quiet on that front. Unfortunately this is helping to allow the massive clubs to get further ahead but what I can't figure out is that, just for being in the league, they automatically receive huge sums of money. Unless very average players are on obscene wages, where is most of this money being spent?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Poor West Ham

Postby gillsfan1066 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:04 pm

I thought they were supposed to be moving into the Olympic Stadium, had 60,000 people begging for tickets or so they said. Going to put Leyton Orient out of business , lets see how many tickets they sell next Spring when the fixtures come out, only full house might be the Fulham and Orient games, lol.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:31 am

When West Ham went down last time they had expensive players who were poor,but their squad does look better than the last time they were in the Premier League.I think they`re badly missing a goalscorer,but apparently Carroll is near enough fit now,and he will grab them goals providing they keep him fit.I still think there are atleast three worst Teams than them in the League,and feel Big Sam will keep them up.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Garawa » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:10 pm

I think they are in a terrible rut that is getting worse at the worst possible time! Players that should stand out look lost in a crowd of very ordinary players. Nolan seems to want to be suspended the whole time!

It would be very interesting if they went down and Orient went up as I am sure the decision who gets the stadium was based on league position. Of course leagues attendances would play a big part in the factor but bragging rights would be gone. If it happens, an Orient win in the Olympic Stadium in a few years time (should both clubs remain in the Championship) must be a dead cert!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:35 am

New Manager will be there next week, Big Sam bought them up but they can not afford to get relegated in the year they move to the new stadium, I think MacKay will be there this time next week. Hardly think Orient were in any position to move into the Olympic Stadium, their average gate is less then the mighty Gills. Think it was 1929 the last time they played in front of a crowd of over 30,000.
gillsfan1066

Return to Football Discussion