Hull City Tigers United.

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Hull City Tigers United.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:31 pm

Sitting watching Stevie Bruce and the Hull /Liverpool game, reading the Hull owner wants to change the name of HIS club , In this case from Hull City to Hull Tigers.
Personally I don't see a real problem with that (other than it sounds like a rugby club), but what did kind of p**s me off was the attitude, "Ali Baba" had when questioned about the small number of protesters in the crowd chanting "City till we die". His comment," they can die as soon as they want. ".
I don't have a lot of time for protesters, basically my attitude is get over it, or buy the club yourself, and I could understand to a certain extent people complaining if he wanted to change the name completely to say The Yorkshire Tigers, but suppose an Ali Baba the 2nd, buys GFC, builds a new 30,000 + seat stadium in say Cuxton , puts millions into the club and we arrive in the Premier Division.
First game of the 2019 season.
Medway City Cobra's v Manchester United , with the Cobras playing in their new red and gold home strip.
Would you as a GFC fan support this new GFC team ? If they kept Priestfield as a training facility and for the reserves would that make a difference ?
gillsfan1066

Re: Hull City Tigers United.

Postby CadburyMan » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:59 am

Was there all this fuss when Brompton became GFC ?

Personally I see very little, if anything, wrong with current names and if it aint broke don't fix it!
CadburyMan

Postby Garawa » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:52 pm

Lots of people have said what if it was your club that some bloke wanted to ruin the name of!!! Club names are now steeped in history as many name changes happened a long time ago. The thing with Hull (and I might be wrong here) is that the rugby and football club are very similar and by renaming he can bring the brands together something not many other clubs have to be able to do (I can only think of Wigan). On the continent football clubs share their name with basketball teams and all manner of other sports helping increase interest from the supporters. I don't agree with renaming but it makes sense, the only thing that doesn't to me is the daft names that Rugby teams insist on using. If this is purely for a marketing perspective why can't the rugby club be renamed Hull City instead?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:46 pm

I`m not a fan of Clubs these days changing names especially when the fans don't agree with it.The trouble is when you sell your Club to a wealthy business man,you can end up losing your soul.Cardiff are doing well under Vincent Tan and made the Premier League,but he ended up changing their Shirts from Blue to red which has not gone down well,and he wants to change their name to Cardiff Dragons.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Return to Football Discussion