Qatar

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Qatar

Postby Kezz » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:47 am

Apologies if this has already been spoken about, but how's everyone feel about the shambles that is FIFA and what is going on with Qatar?
They were given the World Cup fairly and are saying they can deliver now FIFA are looking at it again because of temperatures! Did the weather change since they made the first decision?? It's ludicrious and very unfair.
Kezz

Re: Qatar

Postby Garawa » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:38 am

It's absurd. You want a country to stage a games and then all the rules change because they cannot fulfil a safe games. Should be redone instead of spending millions investigating how to run a winter one. As for a winter one, WE then must play in summer causing chaos with holidays and will impact attendances and the following season not to mention tv schedules struggling to fit a 5 week event in their busiest time. All this to provide a legacy to country smaller than Kent with a population less than the attendances at Wolves. Another FIFA disgust deal and should be scrapped!
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:21 pm

The whole situation is crazy. The Winter Olympics is seriously under threat of some form of terrorism, the Brazilian stadiums and the whole dam infrastructure is way behind schedule and Qatar in the summer, lol, I used to have to go to Doha when I worked in the Middle East, it is an insult to armpits but that place really is the arm pit of the World.
gillsfan1066

Postby Kezz » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:14 pm

My point is that they've awarded Qatar the tournament, FIFA should put up and shut up now and support the decision that they made, not revoke it, that is grossly unfair.
Kezz

Postby Garawa » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:08 pm

I don't think they have any inclination of revoking it. What is grossly unfair is "winning" the process only for it to be deemed unsafe and then so moving all the goal-posts as other countries spent millions on bids on the proviso it would be staged in the summer and then lost. That is wrong, so to is asking players to play in 50-60 degree heat. You wouldn't tender for builders only for the winning one to say they must carry out the work months later when it's cooler. You would select another bid.

They keep banging on about legacy but if it was a UAE bid I could understand it. The place is 3 times bigger than Kent and has a third of the population of London and yet the whole world must now radically alter schedules costing billions for it to happen!! Crazy.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Didn`t Australia get put out of the running early due to worrys about the heat? Apparently a Winter World Cup will ruin the Football fixtures for some time after.I am sceptical how Qatar got the World Cup in the first place,and they must have looked at all the pro`s and cons of the heat etc before they rewarded them it.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby Snackboyslim » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:03 pm

BUNGS!!!
Snackboyslim

Postby Kezz » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:15 pm

How on earth could Australia be denied on heat? It'd be their Winter! Unless of course it was being staged in the middle of the country! lol
Kezz

Return to Football Discussion