Queue transfer stupidity!!!!

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Queue transfer stupidity!!!!

Postby Garawa » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:32 am

I know this is always the case but this year it seems as if we are set for the most ludicrous end to a transfer window ever! Spurs still insist Bale is still their player even though Real Madrid fans can buy a number 11 shirt with his name on it! Both he and Rooney are "injured" (even though England declared him fit) and by coincidence, both want moves away. Suarez seems intent still to stick two fingers up at the only people in football who stuck by him and move away from Anfield.

Without getting into a "un-greatful Premier League prima donas" rant, what I cannot get my head around is what is the potential buying club up to? We all seem to agree that having a player for as long as possible pre-season is beneficial and yet these clubs don't seem to mind that the season has already started or just about to. You set up tactics, prepare your team and then change it all with one giant name who has spent the summer doing less than everybody else and needs to get match fit! Bargain for £30-80million!!!!!! I really don't get the mind-set; if you're willing to spend stupid sums and the club refuses to play them knowing they are going anyway, isn't it better to get shot early and spend the money on a replacement and for the buying club to maximise their obscene outlay?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Re: Queue transfer stupidity!!!!

Postby Kent_UckyFriedGills » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:15 pm

The Bale Transfer is the most boring for ages.We have known for ages he wants to leave,we know Tottenham want to sell,and that Madrid want to buy him.But everyday it is the main talking point and it is will he go today or not? It would be more bareable if he was linked with a few other Clubs,but we know he will be going to Madrid.The money mentioned £76m-94m is way over the top.He is a very good Player,but he should not be more expensive than Messi,and Ronaldo.Spurs will be happy with the money,but the Players they have brought in will take a while to gel.
Noircat Premier League Champion 2007,and 2014.Noircat FA Cup (Runner Up 2014).Promoted to the Premier League (Runner Up 2017,and 2020 in the Championship).

Kent_UckyFriedGills,KFG for short.
Kent_UckyFriedGills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:08 am

Am I rite in saying he gets 10%, his agent gets anything from 16 %to 26% and the club get the rest ? And to think I wanted to play the game, fool be an agent not a player, lol.
gillsfan1066

Postby CadburyMan » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:13 am

Without great certainty I believe your figures aren't a million miles away.

What I find is quite amusing is that the Spanish Government are about to cap in hand to the EU for another bail out - why don't they just go to Real Madrid ?
CadburyMan

Postby Garawa » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Aren't they funded by the Royal family and not the government? Rhetorical question: Do the government pay for the Royal family like we do or are they hoarding the entire country's wealth!!!!???
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Return to Football Discussion