Forgiveness

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Forgiveness

Postby Robpthegills » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:27 pm

I have always banged on about giving people second chances like Lee Hughes and things like that once they have served their punishment BUT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23731629

To sign a player currently on bail for RAPE is just a joke. I hate the swine anyway but this really is a low in football. He has prior for sexual assault against females and now on bail for Rape.

Hope it comes back to haunt them.
Robpthegills

Re: Forgiveness

Postby Garawa » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Completely agree, football is different to other professions in that the actions of these employees can have significant impact on how large numbers of fans can or should behave. The only thing would be that can football be so judgmental when other professions would not necessarily be allowed to be so choosy. Also how do you decide at what level the line is drawn as to who deserves and second chance and who doesn't.

I agree with you Rob on this and whilst I can hear those comments being the counter-argument, we do already choose with things like child protection checks. Having just completed mine I was surprised to see that any abuse towards an adult was irrelevant due to the fact the setting only took children! In my eyes abuse is abuse, even if towards an animal because children are clearly as defenseless as other victims.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby CadburyMan » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:57 am

Whilst not disagreeing with the sentiments above whatever happened to "innocent until proved otherwise".

If it were so clear cut would he have been allowed bail? Methinks not.

If he is proven to be not guilty will his name be blighted for the future? There is a strong case for anonymity until the final outcome is known.
CadburyMan

Postby Garawa » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:13 pm

You are right Cadbury but what about the Michael Le Vel and others cases? These people are in the public eye and are immediately suspended until any potential case is heard. Footballers however I feel sit in the same "public eye" category and yet seem allowed to carry on earning sums of money few others (including Coronation Street actors) earn. I don't see the difference and I don't feel they should be just allowed to carry on regardless.

Garawa

Postby Snackboyslim » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Good point Garawa, should apply to both, one way or another, but also agree with Cadbury.
Sould be one rule for all, regardless. All a bit of a mess to be honest.
Snackboyslim

Postby Robpthegills » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:53 am

Some people just never learn. He has the world in front of him yet chooses to waste it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25527869

Total waste of space as a person.
Robpthegills

Postby Garawa » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:45 pm

One piece of advice, DON'T sack him!! Not if they wish to be branded racist after an unsavoury court case!

It seems to me football is the only profession in which you can sack people willy nilly without any real reason yet cannot sack someone for serious breaches of club policy and bringing the club into disrepute. No wonder the courts don't bother with it much as it is all the wrong way round!

Garawa

Postby Robpthegills » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:20 pm

YET AGAIN

this bloke is just Scum Class

http://news.sky.com/story/1250348/nile- ... er-assault

I know I know people will say he got found not guilty of the Rape, but thats 1 rape and 3 indencent assaults he has been accused of. Now an assault on a female. Normal innocent people dont keep getting these accusations
Robpthegills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:49 pm

Contacted via his solicitor, nice bloody nice. Buddy of mind got contacted for something he didn't do (auto theft) by the Old Bill pounding on the front door and scaring the hell out of him ,his wife and two kids and basically frog marching him out of his house on Canterbury St at 9 o clock one night.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:34 pm

We bang on about second chances but he has clearly had his so I hope on Thursday when he has his "club meeting" that that is it. I reckon another club will still give him another second chance though.

Garawa

Return to Football Discussion