World Cup

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

World Cup

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:16 am

Time to bet a few bucks on the World Cup, anyone have any inside info,lol ? Over here everyone seems to think Brazil and Argentina with be the ones winning it all with France and Spain being the best of the European teams, but every time I read anything about the World Cup teams it seems that they have injury's. I kind of like Uruguay to go deep into the competition, and I don't know why but Denmark seems to keep popping up when I look at the brackets.
I am guessing Southgate retires if England don't win it all, they are fourth favorites over here ahead of all the other European teams except France,which considering the way they have been playing lately seems a bit of a stretch doesn't it ? So any help you can give me will be appreciated, I will put a few bucks on each group in the first round, maybe link a couple of groups up with some outsiders coming out on top.
gillsfan1066

Re: World Cup

Postby bunburygills » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:23 pm

Look, if the Gills can go to premier league Brentford, who put out basically their first team, and win, then I see no reason why Australia couldn't win the World Cup. As an insider with knowledge on the team, I would recommend a few bob on them. Not too much, a couple of dollars maybe.
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:04 pm

Mr. Bunburygills, listen old darling, your a God on this site,I swear everyone I speak to in Chicago about soccer says to me which team do you support, and as soon as I say Gillingham they say so do you know Bunburygills, have you ever spoken to him, he wins those really really exciting competitions every year on that web site thing , can you get his autograph for me, what about a picture ?
I had to explained to her at home that if YOU Mr.B says a "few bucks" it really means bet the farm, you know something that the rest of us don't,and you really mean bet the lot ,100 % winner, as in winner winner chicken dinner, which is the reason I refinanced the house this morning, and I was amazed to find out I could refinance it and get a check for $499,999 . So with Australia being PLUS THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS to win it all, I am going to win, MILLIONS ,I don't know how much, but FORGET BUYING GILLINGHAM FC, I am going to buy MANCHESTER UNITED, or SPURS or maybe FULHAM or QPR , and then I will buy Gillingham FC and give you guys that do the Lucky League a million bucks to buy new players, and you can have your own team,you can run it how ever you want . I will let you guys decide if you want Mr Goalmouth to be on the Board ,or maybe he should be a silent partner,he was complaining earlier this week that he didn't get his three points, maybe a trouble maker in the making ?
I can see you all now sitting round the conference table, Mr.Garawa the self appointed Chairman at the head of the table behind half a dozen stacks of papers two foot high, his 5 year old daughter sitting next to him,passing him her ideas written in crayon which he presents as his own,what a team those two are.
Oh look there's Mrs. L ,I love that woman like she was my sister (OK the bit about being my sister is a lie , ) she has such a lovely smile and whistle whistle , ( who did that Wolf Whistle), she looks GREAT in that Gillingham shirt and her yoga pants, waving her pompoms and going through her cheer leader moves for Saturdays tough match against Harrogate Town. Who is that sitting next to her ,oh it's Mr.L.
Pressing on ,but still slyly looking at someone, lets see who else is around the table at this meeting, oh look there is Mr.CadburyMan , he looks more and more like Tommy Cooper with each passing day, love the Fez and you have got the har har har down pat ,well done Mr.C. There she is Fanny Mulligan herself, that's a lot of red lines all over that map of England, what are they for ? Oh best way to get to the away games, and all those black crosses , cheapest Polo and Coke stores in each town. Way to go you should ask Mr Bunbury how you should invest the savings,thanks to him I am so rich ,I lite my cigars with 100 dollar bills.
Hey Southampton, hows it going ,glad you and the wife could make it. I hope everything went better tonight then when you parked the car last weekend when you guys went shopping at Ikea. When you called me that night and said do you know ANYONE, ANYONE, that really wanted to be a husband, I could hear a bit of frustration in your voice. Then when you said ,seriously, do you know anyone who woke up one morning and said I want to be a husband and give up making my own decisions,I want to be told what to do for the rest of my life, do you know anyone ,seriously ,do you ?
I tried not to laugh, then when you told me your wife started getting upset and asking you WHY you had parked where you had parked ,and you said what wrong with parking here ,and she got out of the car and started pointing at all the other empty parking spots you could have parked in ,and when you said whats wrong with where I have parked , and all she would say was just tell me WHY you parked here ? OK remind me ,that's when you lost it right ,when she got back in the car you pulled out of that spot even managing to spin the Ford Anglia's tires, and then shouted where do you want me to park ? Now was THAT when she went all quiet and said Oh God you have anger problems, you need to see someone for serious help. And then, and then ,I m sorry I am still laughing, and then, you said I don't have anger problems ,I have WIFE PROBLEMS ,but you didn't stop there did you, you had to say I park this car ten times a day, I never get mad parking the car,I am a happy man parking my car, I never get out of the car after parking it and say why did I ******* park it here ?
Well I am glad you got it all sorted out, I bet that jewelry cost a good few bucks didn't it,shame you could not have kept it until Christmas , but I guess it was the right time to give it to her when she got the electric drill out and started removing the lock from the bathroom door and putting it on your bedroom door. Don't worry I am going to delete this before I post it,your secrets safe with me.
There's Nicky 74 and Andy Gills sitting down the other end of the table, Hi you guys, between me and you I don't think were going to make them the company spokes people, they don't say much do they ? Maybe we could teach them to sign ,so when the Gills get into the Premier Division they could sign the games on TV so all the blind people could know what was going on, just a thought ?
I think Mr Goalmouth has the right idea he is sitting there cutting out huge four foot long cardboard arrows,and coloring them so he can hand them out at home games and the fans can hold them up to show the Gills players which way they should be kicking the ball towards the other teams goal. Great idea Mr Goalmouth,keep up the good work,how many have you made now ? TWO HUNDRED,I think that's enough,a couple more loses this season and that will be three for every fan in the Main Stand.
Only person we are missing is old Al the Pal, his wife called earlier to say he was walking around the house looking for his phone, saying honey phone me ,phone me,turned out his phone was in his pocket with the sound turned off , those old flip phones were kind of small and not very heavy, so they were fairly easy to lose. By the time he found the phone his wife had lost her car keys so she took his and he spent the next 15 minutes looking for her keys. She called from the hairdressers to say look in my red bag that's where I think I left them yesterday , and thank goodness they were there. He grabbed his coat and Gills woolly hat, raced out the front door, slammed it behind him ,before he realized she had the car, and then when he ,dejected , went to go back in the house he realized the key fob only had the car keys on it, she kept her house key separate . No worries you guys can send him the minutes of the meeting, and she was back in an hour so he didn't get too wet standing by the front door.
OK I am off to place my bet,thank you again for the information Mr B,I think I am going t put another buck with the bet to make it a nice round half a million bucks, COME ON AUSSIES, baby needs new shoes..
Last edited by gillsfan1066 on Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
gillsfan1066

Postby bunburygills » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:56 am

They used to call the great Hank Williams the Hillbilly Shakespeare, what's your moniker. You sound a bit like Rambling Sid Rumble who if memory serves me right was in Round The Horn. In your case I think you might be round the twist. Have a happy World Cup.
bunburygills

Postby sotongill » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:37 pm

bunburygills wrote:They used to call the great Hank Williams the Hillbilly Shakespeare, what's your moniker. You sound a bit like Rambling Sid Rumble who if memory serves me right was in Round The Horn. In your case I think you might be round the twist. Have a happy World Cup.

Rambling Syd Rumpo , and indeed in Round the Horne - little bit before my time , but still very funny :D
sotongill

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:19 am

I'ts lonely here in this place, Napoleon my best buddy left last week and has gone home, Sir Timothy Timms had his Unukalhai taken away from him because because he wouldn't stop singing Tip Toe Through The Aspredestras, they kept telling him it was Tulips,TULIPS, ******* TULIPS, but he insists he had a relationship with Miss Vicki, and she told him it was supposed to be Aspredestras not Tulips. Now he hasn't spoken to anyone since last Tuesday, SO YOU GUYS ARE MY ONLY AND BEST FRIENDS IN THE WORLD, but since they brought a guy called NEIL HARRIS in here tonight I might have a new best friend .
H is so funny ,he was insisting he was in the wrong place because he is a real life football manager, I think he is going to be in that straight jacket for a long long time because none of the doctors or patients in here believes him,not even me .
Everyone have a wonderful World Cup, all the best from ROOM 14, Come on Australia,I will be able to buy my way out as soon as they win it all.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:26 pm

SIXTY PLUS MINUTES IN,ENGLAND 0-0 USA,and Southgate hasn't made a sub yet to an England team that look like they are the underdogs.Come on England, lets go.
gillsfan1066

Return to Football Discussion