Womens Football.

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Womens Football.

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:28 am

Glad to see womens football has taken off as big as some people on here predicted. West Ham v Manchester City big FA Cup match being played in front of friends and families at the capital pf soccer in the UK, CHIGWELL CONSTRUCTION STADIUM in Dagenham,lol. Now I hear there going to pay women in the Women's World Cup the same as men playing in the World Cup ,who is doing the accounting here Scally ?
gillsfan1066

Re: Womens Football.

Postby bunburygills » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:50 am

Just goes to show how far the UK is behind the USA, Australia and three quarters of the western democracies in equality for the fair sex. Barcelona have the record of 91,000 for a women's match.
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:20 am

I don't want to argue about it, but I just can not understand why people who grew up watching mens professional football, even Gillingham, seem to think women's football is worth watching . FRONT ROW tickets for the Barcelona v Real Madrid women's record crowd setting game cost the equivalent of 12 English pounds, but you can go and see FC Barcelona Men's team play the A-League's All Stars in Sydney in May, a little friendly kick around for Australian $195 (that's about 110 English pounds) ,or you can go and see the men's team play tomorrow against Rayo Vallecano a team trying to avoid relegation, front row tickets 121 pounds.
Spare me the bit about women players should earn the same as men. I watched some of the women's game the other day, it wasn't even on the same level as a high school senior boys football game . OK great it's women's football , the weaker sex blah,blah ,blah, enjoy the games all you guys that go...........Oh that's none of you unless your daughter or granddaughter play the game.
gillsfan1066

Postby JoeyVimsante » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:26 pm

I like ladies football. I would love the Scottish league to do well. Keep the Scottish league. But maybe invite as guests some Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Norwegian, and French club sides into some domestic English domestic Cups.
JoeyVimsante

Return to Football Discussion