Faroe Islands

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Faroe Islands

Postby gillsfan1066 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:17 am

After watching England this week ,especially the Denmark game I have come to the conclusion that all the time our top teams play 8 or 9 players from overseas who play for their national team ,not England's, we have as much chance as a snowball in hell of ever winning the European Nations League Championship or whatever it is called, and I have now decided I am going to support the Faroe Islands in this competition , and at this time I am busy learning Faroese, so far I have learned to say Eg eti Gustav amongst a few other phrases , so in the morning I am off to City Hall to get my name changed I guess, from here on in I will be known as Gustav , because that's what the book says you answer when someone says Hvussu Eitur,Tu , what is your name?
Shame really because I kind of liked Steve, but I guess Gustav is OK as well., Bei for now, thats goodbye for you English folks that don't speak Faroese as well as what I do.
gillsfan1066

Re: Faroe Islands

Postby Garawa » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:58 pm

I'm going to do the same. I'm learning Gibraltarian as we speak.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby bunburygills » Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:35 am

I'll join one of those weird religions and speak in tongues. I should make as much sense as Donald Trump.
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:04 am

You leave Kim Jong Trump alone, he is trying to decide whether to start a war against some country ,or a Civil War in the US, with black ,white and brown people v white supremacists and anyone else who doesn't want to wear a mask ,think it is OK to keep rocket launchers and machine guns under there beds, all because, this is America, Land of the Free , just read the Constitution that was written in 1789,it basically says I can do what I like, lol.
gillsfan1066

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:04 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hKI-Ytsuiw

This Video Clip shows how The Faroe Islands have slowly improved on the international stage.

What The UEFA Nations League has done, is allow smaller nations like The Faroe Islands, Andorra, Liechtenstein, San Marino and Malta to play competitive matches against each other, And North Macedonia have qualified for Euro 2020 through one of the four playoff wildcard spots in The Nations League, So there is another route for smaller nations qualify for a major tournament.
fan_of_mulligan

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:25 am

I swear from the bottom of my heart I never knew there was such a country as North Macedonia, then I find in April we sent over 1.1 billion dollars to North Macedonia in Government Aid . All I want is a few lousy bucks an hour in a pay raise we have been promised for two years. So North Macedonia, ( is there a South Macedonia ) get to play in the Euros and only get to play one very good team in the Netherlands in their group, where as Germany get a group that includes France and Portugal ??
gillsfan1066

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:19 pm

https://twitter.com/AndyRobsonTips/status/1513620022962364419

In the above link, someone hired a van and decided to drive to every football stadium in The Faroese Premier League.
fan_of_mulligan

Return to Football Discussion