Should 3G Pitches Be Allowed In The Football League

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Should 3G Pitches Be Allowed In The Football League

Postby fan_of_mulligan » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:40 pm

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8589443/Harrogate-Town-begin-work-replacing-artificial-3G-pitch.html

https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1290725020260601856

Harrogate will start work on replacing their artificial 3G pitch on Tuesday following promotion to the Football League.

Do you think Football Clubs should be allowed to use 3G Pitches In The Football League ???
fan_of_mulligan

Re: Should 3G Pitches Be Allowed In The Football League

Postby Garawa » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:57 am

No
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby Garawa » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:00 am

Put simply, lol. They make me feel queezy I don't know why. The look is unnatural. I don't like the way the ball bounces and I'm still not convinced of their safety record. Interesting that clubs like Maidstone and Harrowgate have both said about how much money they save and make by being able to use them all year round yet they will make more money by being in the EFL even after ripping it up and replacing it. What a waste! Perhaps other clubs with EFL aspirations might want to consider putting this on their training pitches instead so they won't need make such a big sacrifice.
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Thirteen out of thirty two NFL Football teams have artificial grass , most are in domed stadiums or where it's difficult to grow grass because of the weather. When asked which they would rather play on ,artificial or real grass 95% of players said real grass, and the reason given was........ INJURY''S.
Boise State's 36,000 college football team play on a BLUE artificial pitch, they get bigger gates because people want to see the pitch, so more money in the kitty,it also seems to work as a home field advantage, ever since they got the blue pitch they have been in Bowl Games ( like different cups) and won more home games than ever before.
Only problem they have there is that ducks and geese think it's a lake and crash into it, so they have to have a net over the field when there is no game on to save the birds from killing themselves . Go Gills.
gillsfan1066

Return to Football Discussion