Football Trivia

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Re: Football Trivia

Postby CadburyMan » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:51 am

But I didn't ask who he did play for when he played against England did I so methinks your protestations are spurious ?

Better luck next time old chap :-)
CadburyMan

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:37 am

Your telling me the question is still open because Bunbury got it wrong, I knew he would , so the guy were trying to name actually played for Spurs, and he was fastidious, someone who was meticulous, a perfectionist, someone just like me ? OK thinking cap on, so let's see, the last time Spurs played in blue shirts was 1892, time to call Mr.Lidbit he was around then.??
gillsfan1066

Postby bunburygills » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:55 pm

This might be too easy but which player played alongside his two brothers in an Olympic qualifier for one country, his brother became captain of that country, but he went on to play for a different country. He was invited to play for Ireland and qualified for England. He played for top league teams in England, America, China, Australia and India. He played in three World Cups and his list of achievements is too long to write it all, I'd be here all night. I think it is too easy but at least it would give Gillsfan a chance to win it.
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:14 pm

I am trying to do these questions the old fashioned way, not using Google, asking people , trying to find the info other ways, but jjjjeezzz this is really hard to do in 2020, everyone looks at you like your mad ,and says GOOGLE IT, hahahaha. The woman who works as our PA was in on the conversation this morning and is now threatening to tell me the answer if I don't order and pay for her lunch, hahahahaha. I am being blackmailed by my own staff , what the ?? lol.
gillsfan1066

Postby gillsfan1066 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:36 pm

Pretty lost on this one, think every brothers, no not EVERLY BROTHERS, every brothers I know were only like two. We here have come up with the Charlton Bros ,The Toure Bros The Ferdinan Bros ,The Neville Bros,The Sessegnon Bros, and someone said some Brothers from Holland or Denmark , one that plays for Chelsea were 3 brothers, but thats about all we have got, need more clues ( like their names), lol.
gillsfan1066

Postby bunburygills » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:00 am

I saw him recently doing punditry on Optus, that's what we get the Premier League through.
bunburygills

Postby bunburygills » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:03 am

He also played many games over many years in a Premiership team that wears blue. I'll have to give you his initials next.
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:50 am

Can not answer this question without looking at google, I have asked everyone I know who knows anything about English footie and no one knows anything about" that sort of threesome " , think I have to give up on this one you have got me beat .
gillsfan1066

Postby bunburygills » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:35 am

OK, the answer is Tim Cahill of Everton, Millwall, plus teams in top leagues in USA, China, Australia, the middle east and India. He played for the Samoan team as a 14 year old in the under 20's alongside his 2 other brothers in Olympic qualifying matches, his brother carried on with Samoa becoming their captain in the senior side. When he joined Millwall, Mick McCarthy invited him to play for Ireland but he wasn't entitled to because he'd played for Samoa. FIFA changed it's rules in 2004 and said you were only restricted if you played for the senior side, which made Tim eligible for Australia, Ireland, England and Samoa. He naturally chose Australia, as you would. His list of achievements from then on is enormous, look them up on Wikipedia. By the way, he also captained Everton. Don't be surprised if he becomes a manager in the not too distant future. Gillingham wouldn't be a bad place to start. Well, come on Gillsfan, got you there but I'll hand over to you for a new question to keep the ball rolling.
bunburygills

Postby gillsfan1066 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:09 am

NINETEEN SIXTY SIX, July 30th, Greatest Day in English football . Without looking at Google or whatever, just from memory, and if you were to young to remember it by asking people, who was ON THE BENCH, eligible to play for that final game at Wembley, and who came on as a sub when we were crowned World Champions ?
gillsfan1066

PreviousNext

Return to Football Discussion