Question

Discussion for anything relating to Football in general

Question

Postby Mooke » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:52 pm

How many clubs may go to the wall if clubs have to play behind closed doors for a period because of Corona Virus ?

Horrible thought.

We'd have no problem I suspect. Its hard to infect the nearest spectactor, who is in the Rainham end, when your in the Town end...…

Or as I once to said to the bloke next to me at half time …. "OIII!!!!"
Mooke

Re: Question

Postby gillsfan1066 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:05 pm

All this because some people in Northern China want to eat bats, hahaha. I would think 3/4 of the teams in the First and Second Division would go under if this went on until the end of the season, and there was no bailout from the FA. I guess teams would have to make there payers unemployed so they could draw unemployment benefit.
Then the teams would have to get a year or so to pay the government back what the players had drawn from the dole, and then pay the players the difference from the dole money and their salaries over a period of time , if they had to pay it all in one go every team would all be playing in the 7th tier of the football pyramid next year.
gillsfan1066

Postby Garawa » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:30 am

Macclesfield were already on the brink. Southend look incredibly iffy too. Nearly a month with no income is going to hit incredibly hard. And that's if we choose to ignore the entire Championship who have overspent by tens of millions pushing for the dream and now cannot offset a huge chunk of it.

They will get a bumper payday when it resumes. I can imagine attendances going up when people have had no football for weeks but what if this was after April? How many would have gone bust before that point comes?
For all manner of stats and facts during games, add me on twitter: @Gills_Stats

Previous board user ID: gwade_871 (3440 posts)
Garawa

Postby sotongill » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:26 pm

I can't see how football can resume in April .

At the press conference on Thursday , Boris and his top medical advisors said that the peak of the virus would not be until early June , with four weeks after until it returns to current levels .

It would look as if August would be the next safe month without compromising the emergency services .
sotongill

Return to Football Discussion